It doesn’t get more delicious than these low carb cheesy Brussel sprouts topped with crispy bacon! Even kids will love them! Only 4g net carbs per serving!
Cheesy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
Growing up, I never liked Brussel sprouts. But that’s because we always had them boiled…and well, if you’ve had boiled Brussel sprouts, you get it.
Then I had Brussel sprouts that were not boiled…and it changed my life! They are now one of my favorite vegetables and I love them baked, broiled, roasted, and fried. Basically any way you want to make them, I love them!
These cheey Brussel sprouts are absolutely incredible! They are so rich and delicious that even kids will love them!
Here’s the breakdown: tender brussel sprouts topped with ooey-gooey cheese and crisp bacon, baked in a cast iron skillet.
You won’t believe how good they taste!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- A one pan meal!
- Only 4g net carbs per serving!
- Made with simple, real food ingredients!
For your convenience in re-creating this recipe at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
Keto Brussel Sprout Bake Ingredients
- Bacon — cooked and chopped (we cooked it in the same pan first, because the bacon grease adds yummy flavor!)
- Onion — yellow or white onion, diced
- Brussel sprouts — remove the outer leaves and cut in half
- Salt and pepper — to taste
- Almond milk — or another low carb milk
- Cornstarch — for thickening
- Cheddar cheese & Parmesan cheese — shredded (I recommend shredding your own, as pre-shredded cheese often contains additives)
Kitchen Supplies Used:
Can I use regular milk?
Unsweetened almond milk contains 1g carbs per cup, which is why we used it for this recipe. By contrast, whole milk contains 12g carbs per cup.
If you want to keep the carb count as low as possible, I recommend sticking with almond milk, or another keto-friendly milk option such as:
- Cashew milk
- Flax milk
- Macadamia milk
- Soy milk
Always opt for unsweetened milks and check the labels to be sure!
If you’re not as worried about counting carbs, you’re welcome to use regular milk for this recipe. It will taste just as fabulous!
How to Make Cheesy Baked Brussel Sprouts
<div class=”mv-video-target mv-video-id-xvxrj9dsalict6cb1j7i” data-video-id=”xvxrj9dsalict6cb1j7i” data-volume=”70″ data-ratio=”16:9″ ></div>
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a cast iron skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon to your desired doneness. Place the cooked bacon on a paper towel-lined plate to cool. When it’s cool enough to handle, crumble into small pieces.
Leave the bacon grease in the pan and add diced onions and halved Brussel sprouts. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions start to soften and turn clear.
Heat the milk in a microwave safe bowl for 25 seconds, then whisk in the cornstarch. Add to pan with Brussel sprouts, stirring until sauce thickens and begins to coat the veggies.
Remove pan from heat and cover with shredded cheese and the crumbled bacon.
Place pan in the preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until cheese is nice and melty.
Best enjoyed warm.
How to Store
If there are leftovers, keep refrigerated in a sealed food storage container. The leftovers can last 2-3 days in the fridge.
How to Reheat
Leftovers can be reheated in the oven or the microwave.
- In the Oven: If you have time, the oven method will help crisp things up a bit. Simply preheat oven to 350°F and cook until warmed through.
- In the Microwave: Place leftover Brussel sprout bake in a microwave safe dish and heat until warmed through. Use a microwave cover to keep things neat and tidy.
More of our favorite Keto Vegetable Side Dish Recipes:
Cheesy Brussel Sprouts Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Cheesy Brussel Sprouts (Low Carb, Keto)
- 3 slices bacon chopped
- 1/2 onion diced
- 4 cups brussel sprouts outer leaves discarded and cut in half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1-2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F°F.
- Using a cast iron skillet (or oven safe pan), cook the bacon. When done, remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate to dry.
- Add the diced onions and Brussel sprouts to the hot pan where you cooked the bacon. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions soften and Brussel sprouts are browned. Stir occasionally.
- In a microwave safe dish, microwave the milk for 25 seconds, then whisk in the cornstarch. Add to pan with Brussel sprouts, stirring until thickened.
- Remove pan from heat. Top with shredded cheese and the crumbled cooked bacon.
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until cheese is fully melted.
Pin our Keto Baked Brussel Sprouts on Pinterest:
Love Brussel Sprouts? Try our famous Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts too!