Chocolatey and sweet, this Keto Chocolate Zucchini Bread is a great keto-friendly snack or dessert! With fresh zucchini baked right in, this low carb chocolate zucchini loaf is super moist and delicious!
Keto Chocolate Zucchini Bread
You can probably tell just by looking at the photos how moist this chocolate zucchini bread is — I don’t even have to tell you! And just look how rich and fudgy! I mean, there’s no way this can actually be low carb, right??
This keto chocolate zucchini bread is not only way lower in carbs than traditional baked goods, it’s also crazy tasty and pretty darn nutritious too!
We started with coconut flour for its fluffy texture and combined it with shredded zucchini to make this keto chocolate bread incredibly soft and moist.
Then we added lots of chocolate flavor AND chocolate chips (sugar free of course!)
This keto chocolate chip zucchini bread is perfect for breakfast, with coffee, dessert…oh who am I kidding?? There’s never a wrong time to treat yourself!! Especially with less than 7 grams net carbs for a big ol’ slice!
Is Zucchini Keto Friendly?
Yes! One medium zucchini contains about 4 grams net carbs, which is why it is a popular choice with keto dieters. Another plus to zucchini is its versatility — allowing it to work in a wide variety of recipes.
When lightly cooked, zucchini has a texture that resembles pasta, but with way less carbs! Shredded zucchini brings moisture to baked treats (like this keto chocolate bread!)
Though there are other vegetables that are lower in carbs, I’m in the camp that the nutritional value in most veggies is worth a couple extra carbs.
Zucchini provides a healthy dose of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and Vitamin B-6, among other nutrients.
Why I Love This Recipe:
- Super moist cake that feels like a real splurge!
- Easy to make!
- Packs a nutritional punch!
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- What is Keto?
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
- 8 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight on Keto
- What are the Best Keto Sweeteners?
What You’ll Need to Make Our Keto Chocolate Zucchini Bread
For your convenience in re-creating this recipe, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- Coconut flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder— This is our favorite cocoa powder! It’s a tad on the pricey side, but you only use a little bit at a time and you can really taste the difference!
- Brown sugar substitute — we love Swerve Brown Sugar
- Baking soda AND baking powder
- Shredded zucchini
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Sugar-free chocolate chips — We love Lily’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chips!
How Many Cups of Shredded Zucchini in a Medium Zucchini?
One medium zucchini will yield about 2/3 cups of shredded zucchini, once you’ve pressed it to remove some of the moisture. For this recipe you’ll need about 2-3 large zucchini or 3-4 medium zucchini.
How to Make Chocolate Zucchini Bread Keto
I’ve included a printable recipe card below the step-by-step photos.
While you mix the ingredients, preheat the oven to 350°F.
First, mix your dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in another.
TIP: Before adding shredded zucchini to the mixing bowl, I recommend pressing between a few paper towels to get out some of the excess moisture.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips.
Scoop batter into a prepared loaf pan.
Bake for 45 to 55 minutes at 350°F.
After removing from the oven, allow bread to cool in the pan for a few minutes before moving to a wire cooling rack.
Is this Recipe Gluten Free?
Yes! Coconut flour is gluten free, as are all of the other ingredients. You may want to check labels to be sure that they are not made in a facility that also processes gluten based products, just in case.
What About Dairy Free?
Yep! I’m lactose intolerant, so I’m always on the lookout for dairy free recipes. Sometimes that can be tricky with keto, where cheese is a favorite ingredient in many low carb recipes.
There is no milk, butter, etc. in this recipe. Also, the Lily’s sugar free chocolate chips that we used are vegan, so no dairy there either!
More of our most popular keto zucchini recipes:
Low Carb Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you love this recipe, please rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Keto Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup brown sugar substitute Swerve Brown Sugar or similar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups shredded zucchini about 3 large zucchini
- 1 cup fractionated coconut oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Shred zucchini, then use a paper towel to squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Set aside.
- Whisk together dry ingredients inn a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together zucchini, coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Slowly pour dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients, stirring as you go. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to your prepared baking pan. Use a spatula to smooth the top if needed.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (or with only a couple crumbs).
- Allow to cool in the loaf pan for 15 minutes before flipping bread out onto a wire cooling rack.
Pin our Keto Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like: