Now you can enjoy your favorite game day appetizer anytime and guilt-free! These keto buffalo wings are crispy on the outside and coated in finger-licking good sauce! Just the way you like ’em, but without all the carbs!
Low Carb Buffalo Wings
Wings have always been a staple for parties of any kind, but let’s face it, they’re not always keto-friendly and sometimes we miss them! In fact, if you ask my husband what his favorite food is in the entire world, without hesitation he will always say…”WINGS!!”
Well now we can all fill that wing-shaped hole in our hearts and stomachs once again! These awesome Keto Buffalo Wings aren’t deep-fried, aren’t breaded, and aren’t missing any of that amazing taste!
The secret is our easy pan-searing technique to get that perfectly crispy coating that we all crave from wings. You don’t need any breading to get that crunch! And we finish them in the oven so that the middle stays tender and juicy! Perfection!
Love buffalo? Try these Keto Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Tots too!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- Only 4 simple ingredients
- 1 gram carbs per serving
- Perfectly crispy coating, without deep frying!
For your convenience in re-creating our baked buffalo wings recipe at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
What You Need to Make Low Carb Buffalo Wings
- Chicken wings/drumettes
- Cooking oil (of your choice)
- Melted butter
- Low carb buffalo sauce
Kitchen Tools Used:
- Cast iron skillet
- Silicone Baking Mat
- Baking Sheet
- Mixing bowls
TIP: This 3-piece baking set comes with a baking sheet, wire rack, and silicone mat — it’s perfect for making wings or many other recipes!
Is Buffalo Sauce Keto Friendly?
When I did a little research, I was surprised to learn that many store-bought buffalo sauces are actually low carb and can be used in keto recipes!
One of our favorites that you can find at most grocery stores is Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Sauce. It contains 0g carbs and 0g sugar and actually 0g calories too!
Of course, you can always make your own sauce, but I’m all about making things easy when I can!
How to Make Keto Buffalo Wings
Preheat oven to 425°F while you prep your ingredients. You’ll also need a baking sheet that’s lined with parchment paper or a non-stick silicone baking mat.
Warm a cast iron skillet over medium heat and add a spoonful of cooking oil. When the pan is hot, add chicken wings in batches, as you don’t want to crowd the pan.
Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, just enough to crisp and brown them.
When seared, move the wings to your prepared baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until an inserted meat thermometer reads 165°F.
Meanwhile, whisk together your melted butter and buffalo sauce in a small bowl. You can adjust to taste, as needed.
When wings are done baking, move to a heat-safe bowl (the wings will be pretty hot) and add your buffalo sauce mixture.
Toss with a spoon until all of the wings are coated in sauce.
What Can I Serve with Keto Hot Wings?
More good news here! Most store-bought blue cheese dressing is low carb! Check the labels just to be sure, of course.
Celery is a great accompaniment, as it is almost entirely water! In fact, one cup of celery contains only 3 grams total carbs, and 2 of those are fiber. So that’s 1 gram net carbs!
Ranch dressing may or may not be keto, depending on the brand you buy. If this is your favorite dip for hot wings, make sure to seek out an option that is labeled low carb or keto friendly.
Keto Buffalo Wings Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Keto Buffalo Wings
- 2 lb chicken wings
- 2 Tablespoons oil as needed
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted, optional
- 2 Tablespoons buffalo sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Pat chicken wings dry.
- Add a Tablespoon of cooking oil of your choice in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. When skillet is hot, add wings. You may need to do this in batches, as you don't want to crowd the pan.
- Sear the wings on each side until golden brown, or about 2-3 minutes per side. We will finish cooking them in the oven.
- Remove the seared wings and place on your prepared baking sheet. Bake wings for 15-20 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165F.
- While chicken bakes, stir together melted butter and buffalo sauce in a small bowl.
- When done baking, place the chicken wings in a heat-safe bowl and pour buffalo sauce mixture on top.
- Toss the to coat the chicken completely in sauce.
Pin our Keto Friendly Buffalo Wings on Pinterest:
You might also like: