A comfort food classic done low-carb! Keto Chicken Fried Steak is a home-cooked favorite and now you can enjoy it guilt-free!
Low Carb Chicken Fried Steak
It sounds too good to be true…
KETO Chicken Fried Steak?!
Chicken fried steak is known for its thick, crispy breading – basically it’s a big carb bomb!
But for those days when you just need comfort food, this keto chicken friend steak will totally do the trick!
It’s all amazing! This unbelievably crispy coating will have you second-guessing whether or not this really could be keto-friendly, but it’s only 5 grams net carbs per steak!
What is Chicken Fried Steak?
If you found this post because you were searching out a low carb chicken fried steak recipe, then you probably already know what it’s all about.
For those who aren’t as familiar with southern cooking, there’s actually no chicken at all in chicken fried steak. It’s called that because the cooking method is similar to making fried chicken.
Chicken fried steak is a thin cut of steak, breaded and fried, and is traditionally served with white gravy. It should be really crispy! That’s why I love this keto chicken fried steak so much — you can actually see just how crispy the coating is!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- A hearty meal and only 5 grams net carbs
- Easy and fast – ready in about 20 minutes
- Tastes just like the “real” thing!
For your convenience in re-creating our Keto Chicken Fried Steak recipe at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- Deep fryer or Dutch oven
- Thinly-sliced steaks
- Almond flour
- Oil for frying
- Homemade KFC Seasoning
The above is a quick glance at the ingredients and tools needed to make low carb chicken fried steak. Full ingredient amounts are available in the printable recipe at the bottom of the post.
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
- 8 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight on Keto
How to Make Keto Chicken Fried Steak
I love this recipe because it’s actually super easy! Simply dip the steaks in the egg wash:
Then dredge in your flour & seasoning mixture:
Place steaks in the fryer or deep pot with oil and they will fry up to a crispy golden brown in just a few minutes.
Free Printable Copy of Our Instant Pot Poached Chicken Recipe:
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Keto Chicken Fried Steak
- 4 steaks approximately 3oz each
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3 teaspoons KFC seasoning to taste
- 2 eggs
- Prepare a deep fryer or dutch oven with oil for frying.
- Set heat to medium and allow to come to temperature as you prep the steaks.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the almond flour with 1 teaspoon or more of our copycat KFC seasoning.
- Crack the eggs into a second bowl and whisk for 30 seconds.
- Dip each steak in the eggs one at a time, allowing excess to drip back into the bowl.
- Next, dredge each steak through the almond flour mixture.
- Cook each steak individually, for about 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown, flipping halfway through.
- Remove cooked steak and place on a paper-towel lined plate to dry and repeat until all are cooked.
Pin our Keto Chicken Fried Steak on Pinterest: