A low carb version of the fluffy Dalgona coffee, this keto whipped coffee is a decadent treat that you can enjoy and still lose weight! We’ll show you how to make two versions: cappuccino and mocha!
Keto Whipped Coffee Recipe
For the past few months, I’ve been seeing recipes to make Dalgona coffee ALL over the place and they look AMAZING! However, as you probably guessed, the classic version of this coffee treat is laden with sugar and carbs.
The good news is that with a couple simple swaps, you can make a keto friendly whipped coffee that tastes every bit as as incredible as the original!
What is Dalgona Coffee?
Dalgona coffee is named after a type of toffee candy from South Korea. It is a combination of cream, instant coffee, and sugar — whipped up until light and fluffy.
Social media videos made this coffee creation famous around the world, and now we’re bringing you a low carb version that you can enjoy even on the keto diet!
Related: Check out how we made a Keto Whipped Hot Cocoa too!
Keto Whipped Coffee Ingredients
For your convenience in re-creating this recipe at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- Sugar free cappuccino or mocha mix — This set of single serving instant coffee packets comes in both cappuccino and mocha flavors, plus hot cocoa!
- Heavy whipping cream — You can use regular dairy, or a non-dairy alternative. Silk Dairy Free Heavy Whipping Cream is 0g carbs and dairy free (it actually has fewer carbs than dairy whipping cream!)
- Unsweetened almond milk — If making a mocha, you’ll want to use unsweetened chocolate almond milk for extra rich flavor. If making a regular cappuccino, use unsweetened plain or vanilla almond milk.
Kitchen Supplies Used
Can I use regular milk?
We used almond milk because it is naturally low in carbs, when you stick with unsweetened varieties. Regular dairy milk contains about 12g carbs per cup, so it isn’t a keto friendly choice.
Other keto friendly milk options include:
- Cashew milk
- Flax milk
- Macadamia milk
- Soy milk
And of course, always go with unsweetened options and check labels!
Can you use a blender for whipped coffee?
We recommend using an immersion blender/milk frother or electric hand mixer for light and airy foam, with little effort on your part. The cleanup is also easier (I don’t know about you, but I’m not a fan of cleaning my blender!)
However, if you do decide to use a traditional blender, simply mix the cream and coffee powder on low speed until it becomes fluffy, then add to the warmed almond milk as described in the step by step instructions below.
How to Make Keto Dalgona Style Coffee
Add instant coffee powder and heavy cream to mixing bowl. Add almond milk to a small saucepan and heat until steaming, but not boiling.
If making a whipped cappuccino, use plain or vanilla (unsweetened) almond milk. If making a whipped mocha, using unsweetened chocolate almond milk adds amazing flavor!
While almond milk heats, use an electric mixer to blend the cream and coffee powder until fluffy and has the consistency of whipped cream.
There are a few different ways you can make your whipped cream:
- Wire whisk — No fancy equipment needed! Whisking generally takes longer and requires some physical effort on your part. The pro is that you don’t have to wash any appliances when you’re done!
- Milk Frother — This is a clever handheld gadget that’s lightweight and quickly whips milk or cream into an airy froth. Often used for cappuccino foam, it works well here too!
- Electric mixer — The easiest way if you’re making multiple servings, as you can whip a bunch of cream up at once. It’s how we did the recipe for our video.
Pour hot almond milk into mug. (You can also heat the almond milk directly in the mug itself, so long as it is microwave safe).
Scoop whipped cappuccino cream on top of the warm almond milk and enjoy!
Feel free to top with a sprinkle of cinnamon or a sugar-free chocolate shavings for a special treat!
Related: See ALL of our favorite keto coffee recipes here!
Keto Whipped Cappuccino Recipe
If you liked this recipe, please rate it! We’d love to hear what you think in the comments!
Keto Whipped Coffee Cappuccino
- Electric mixer
- 2 teaspoons Sugar free instant cappuccino or mocha mix Or one single serving packet
- 5 Tablespoons Heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened chocolate almond milk
- Whip cappuccino mix and heavy cream until fluffy like whipped cream.
- Warm almond milk until steaming (but not boiling) and pour in mug.
- Scoop the coffee flavored whipped cream on top of the chocolate almond milk.
Pin this Keto Dalgona Coffee on Pinterest:
You might also like: