When you’re craving something sweet, it doesn’t get any easier than this Keto Lemon Mug Cake! Ready in minutes using only a microwave!
Easy Low-Carb Lemon Mug Cake
One of the most challenging things about a low-carb diet for me is that I crave sweets!
To set myself up for success, I have a few go-to keto dessert recipes that satisfy my sweet tooth, without all the sugar.
When I’m craving chocolate, these Keto No Bake Cookies are my favorite. However, sometimes I want a different flavor and this Keto Lemon Mug Cake fits the bill just perfectly!
It’s one of the easiest recipes possible – simply stir and cook! You don’t have to be an expert cook (or even a good cook for that matter) – which is a good thing because my husband is the one with all the talent in that department.
If I can handle this recipe, anyone can!
Now there’s no excuse not to stick with your clean eating…wink, wink!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- Satisfies sweet cravings
- Simple ingredients
- Ready in less than 5 minutes
- Cooks using only a microwave
For your convenience in re-creating our Keto Lemon Mug Cake at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- Mug or Ramekin
- 4 TB Almond Flour
- 2 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 TB Unsalted Butter
- 2 TB Erythritol
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 TB Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
The above is a quick glance at the ingredients and tools needed to make this Lemon Mug Cake recipe. Full ingredient amounts are available in the printable recipe at the bottom of the post.
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- What is Keto?
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
- 8 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight on Keto
Make sure to use a microwave-safe ramekin or mug for this cake. If sharing, you might choose to cook in a ramekin because it is easier to remove the cake and serve on a plate. If enjoying alone, a mug works great!
Softening the butter and cream cheese first makes it easier to mix in the dry ingredients evenly.
We used Erythritol as our sweetener, but you can use a keto-friendly sweetener of your choosing.
Related: Try our Keto Strawberry Upside Down Mug Cake too!
Free Printable Copy of Our Keto Lemon Mug Cake Recipe:
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
90-Second Keto Lemon Mug Cake
- 4 Tablespoons almond flour
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoons butter unsalted
- 2 Tablespoons erythritol
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Grease the inside of a microwave-safe mug or ramekin with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the butter and cream cheese into the mug and heat for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Add almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, and egg to mug with the melted butter and softened cream cheese. Stir to combine.
- Add the vanilla extract and lemon juice. Mix until combined.
- Microwave the cake batter in mug/ramekin for 90 seconds. Depending on your microwave’s wattage, your cake may require 10-20 seconds of additional baking time.
- Invert the ramekin onto a plate, and serve warm with fresh lemon zest for garnish if desired. You can also enjoy straight out of the mug!
Be sure to pin our Keto Lemon Mug Cake on Pinterest:
Craving instead? Check out our collection of keto chocolate recipes with less than 4 grams net carbs each!