This sugar-free lemon mug cake takes just 2 minutes to make in the microwave! With a light and fluffy texture and sweet lemon flavor, it’s a delightful keto-friendly treat!
Easy Low-Carb Lemon Mug Cake
When you’re craving something sweet, it doesn’t get any easier than this Keto Lemon Mug Cake! Ready in minutes using only a microwave!
One of the most challenging things about a low-carb diet for me is that I crave sweets!
To set myself up for success, I have a few go-to keto dessert recipes that satisfy my sweet tooth, without all the sugar.
When I’m craving chocolate, these Keto No Bake Cookies are my favorite. However, sometimes I want a different flavor and this Keto Lemon Mug Cake fits the bill just perfectly!
The texture is soft and fluffy — tart lemon is perfectly balanced with smooth cream cheese. It’s sweet and delicious…but no sugar added! WOW!
It’s one of the easiest recipes possible – simply stir and cook! You don’t have to be an expert cook (or even a good cook for that matter) – which is a good thing because my husband is the one with all the talent in that department.
If I can handle this recipe, anyone can!
Now there’s no excuse not to stick with your clean eating…wink, wink!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- Satisfies sweet cravings
- Simple ingredients
- Ready in less than 5 minutes
- Cooks using only a microwave
- Only 3g net carbs!
For your convenience in re-creating our Sugar Free Lemon Mug Cake at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- 4 TB Almond Flour
- 2 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 TB Unsalted Butter
- 2 TB keto sweetener — such as Swerve or Lakanto Monk Fruit sweetener. If you shop Lakanto through my link and use code “SOCCERMOM” you can save 15% every time you purchase!
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 TB Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
Kitchen Tools Used
- Mug or Ramekin
The above is a quick glance at the ingredients and tools needed to make this Lemon Mug Cake recipe. Full ingredient amounts are available in the printable recipe at the bottom of the post.
Coat the inside of a microwave-safe mug or ramekin with non-stick cooking spray.
Add butter and cream cheese to the mug and heat in microwave for 30 seconds.
Add dry ingredients to the mug and stir to mix with the melted butter and softened cream cheese.
Stir in the vanilla extract and lemon juice, then microwave an additional minute. If the cake still looks liquid in the middle, heat for another 30 seconds.
You can enjoy the cake right in the mug itself, or you can flip the mug and give a gentle shake to pop the cake out onto a serving plate.
- Make sure to use a microwave-safe ramekin or mug for this cake. If sharing, you might choose to cook in a ramekin because it is easier to remove the cake and serve on a plate. If enjoying alone, a mug works great!
- Softening the butter and cream cheese first makes it easier to mix in the dry ingredients evenly.
- Feel free to use your favorite keto sweetener — learn more about different types of low carb sweeteners here.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if the Mug Cake Starts to Overflow?
I recommend keeping an eye on the cake while it cooks. If you notice that the batter starts to “puff” up and looks like it might overflow, simply stop the microwave for a few seconds. Once the batter settles back down, you can continue cooking.
What Can You Serve with Lemon Cake that’s Keto?
Whipped cream is an excellent accompaniment for this lemon cake, as it helps tone down any tartness. Be sure to use whipped cream with no sugar added to keep it low carb. I also recommend going with full fat whipped cream, as “light” whipped creams often contain more carbs.
Adding a sprinkle of lemon zest on top of your cake is also quite tasty! You can also serve with low carb vanilla ice cream, for a really decadent treat.
Learn More About the Keto Diet
- What is Keto?
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
- 8 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight on Keto
More of our Favorite Keto Mug Cake Recipes
- Keto Strawberry Upside Down Mug Cake
- Low Carb Chocolate Mug Cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Keto Mug Cake
Free Printable Copy of Our Keto Lemon Mug Cake Recipe:
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
90-Second Keto Lemon Mug Cake
- 4 Tablespoons almond flour
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoons butter unsalted
- 2 Tablespoons erythritol
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Grease the inside of a microwave-safe mug or ramekin with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the butter and cream cheese into the mug and heat for 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Add almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, and egg to mug with the melted butter and softened cream cheese. Stir to combine.
- Add the vanilla extract and lemon juice. Mix until combined.
- Microwave the cake batter in mug/ramekin for 90 seconds. Depending on your microwave’s wattage, your cake may require 10-20 seconds of additional baking time.
- Invert the ramekin onto a plate, and serve warm with fresh lemon zest for garnish if desired. You can also enjoy straight out of the mug!
Be sure to pin our Keto Lemon Mug Cake on Pinterest:
Craving instead? Check out our collection of keto chocolate recipes with less than 4 grams net carbs each!