Our Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake is a deliciously decadent low carb dessert that you can make in just minutes using only your microwave! It’s so rich and full of chocolate flavor that you won’t believe it’s truly keto-friendly! But with only 1g net carbs in the whole recipe, this crazy-good low carb chocolate peanut butter mug cake is the real deal!
Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
They say that on the keto diet, that your sweet tooth will become less intense over time. For me that was pretty true, however, I still love a treat every now and then!
Mug cakes were one of the first keto desserts that I tried to make at home, mainly because they are easy and I love cake!
My first attempt at a keto chocolate mug cake was so delicious and such a hit on my other blog, that I decided to make a peanut butter and chocolate version.
OH. MY. GOSH.
I’m not even gonna lie…I love this chocolate peanut butter keto mug cake even more!! It is every bit as delicious as my original mug cake recipe, but with peanut butter! (Which in my humble opinion makes everything better!)
If you are also a peanut butter lover, then this recipe is a MUST-TRY!! You can thank me later 😉
Related: Click here to see all of our favorite keto dessert recipes!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- Rich, fluffy chocolate peanut butter cake in the microwave!
- Only takes 3 minutes to make!
- The whole cake is just 1g net carbs!
What You Need to Make Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Keto Mug Cake
For your convenience in re-creating this recipe, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- Microwave-safe mug — You can also use a ramekin
- Butter — Be sure to use unsalted butter
- Coconut oil
- Natural peanut butter — Make sure that the peanut butter you’re using contains no added sugar
- Monk fruit sweetener (granulated) — We love Lakanto brand monk fruit sweeteners — if you shop through my link and use code “SOCCERMOM” you can save 15% every time you purchase!
- Almond flour — Either blanched almond flour or almond meal will both work for this recipe
- Unsweetened cocoa powder — This is our favorite cocoa powder! It’s a tad on the pricey side, but you only use a little bit at a time and you can really taste the difference!
- Baking powder
- Sugar-free chocolate chips — an optional topping for extra chocolate flavor!
The above is a quick glance at the ingredients and tools needed to make our low carb peanut butter chocolate mug cake. Full ingredient amounts are available in the printable recipe at the bottom of the post.
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- What is Keto?
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
- 8 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight on Keto
How to Make a Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
Mug cakes are one of my favorite easy keto desserts because they only take a couple minutes to make, and you can mix them right in the mug!
It’s a simple 2-step recipe:
- All you have to do is heat the butter, coconut oil, and peanut butter until melted.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients and heat for 90 more seconds.
Allow the cake to cool a bit before enjoying.
We also love to top our mug cakes with sugar free chocolate chips! We chop them up into little bits and sprinkle them on top of the cake right after we cook it. That way the chocolate melts into the cake for an extra decadent treat!
Is Peanut Butter Keto Friendly?
You might have heard conflicting things about whether or not you can eat peanut butter on the keto diet. Since there is peanut butter in this recipe, you can probably guess my stance on the matter!
However, if you’re curious about the science behind it, I’ve done a lot of research and I break it all down in this post.
Tips for Making the Perfect Low Carb Mug Cake
- Melt the butter, peanut butter, and coconut oil first. This makes it easier to mix up all the ingredients and a fluffier cake.
- Don’t like the taste of coconut oil? Try using MCT oil instead! You can find it in regular and vanilla flavors.
- Speaking of vanilla, try adding a couple drops of vanilla extract for a richer flavor.
- Keep an eye on your mug cake while you heat it, as the batter will puff up and may overflow. If it looks like this is going to happen, simply pause the microwave and let the batter settle, then resume cooking.
More of our favorite keto friendly mug cake recipes:
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 Tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons monk fruit sweetener or erythritol
- 3 Tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- Scoop butter, coconut oil, and peanut butter into microwave safe mug and heat until melted.
- Add sweetener and stir until mostly smooth.
- Add almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and egg. Whisk until combined.
- Microwave 90 seconds. If cake puffs up and looks like it might overflow, pause microwave until batter settles, then finish cooking.
- Top with sugar free chocolate chips (optional).
Pin our Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mug Cake on Pinterest:
You might also like:
Today’s my first day on keto&desserts are my life! So@the end of the day,I wanted something sweet. This is amazing! Ready in just a few minutes,warm chocolatey goodness!!