Kick your day into gear with this delicious Keto Vanilla Latte recipe! This low carb latte is so rich and creamy that it tastes like a decadent coffee shop drink, but there are less than 1g net carbs in each cup! If you’re looking for a fat burning coffee, this is our favorite!
A Keto Vanilla Latte (with Fat-Melting Power!)
When my husband and I started keto, one of the first recipes we tried making was bulletproof coffee.
WOW!! One taste and I was hooked — in a good way!
That’s because bulletproof coffee provides a big dose of good fats, which are the fuel your body needs to burn fat while in ketosis.
That original bulletproof recipe is one of the most popular posts on our website. My mom swears by it too! (And people always think we are sisters, so she is definitely doing something right!)
This inspired me to make a keto-friendly version of the cappuccinos and lattes that I love so much. The result is this unbelievably rich, creamy, decadent AND low carb latte!
Not only is this keto coffee way low in carbs, but it may also help boost the body’s fat burning potential!
Does Coffee Burn Fat?
It sounds too good to be true, but there are numerous studies linking coffee and fat loss. Caffeine intake can have the following impact on weight loss by:
- Increasing the levels of adrenaline in the bloodstream, which then signals fat tissues to start breaking down fat cells.
- Stimulating the release of “feel good” chemicals in the brain, so you feel more awake and have higher energy levels. This in turn can improve the effectiveness of exercise and create greater fat loss.
- Increasing resting metabolic rate, which causes the body to burn more fat even when you’re not exercising.1
Our keto latte takes it one step further. That’s because in addition to the caffeine, our keto bulletproof coffee has plenty of the beneficial fats that are absolutely crucial for getting into ketosis and staying there.
Once in ketosis, the body burns fat for fuel and energy. Eating fat helps the body burn fat!
Why I Love This Keto Vanilla Latte Recipe:
- Tastes creamy and delicious like a coffee shop latte.
- Increases metabolism and jump starts fat burning power.
- Less than 1g net carbs per serving!
What You Need to Make a Keto Latte
For your convenience in re-creating our Keto Vanilla Latte recipe at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
We start with the same ingredients we used to make our original keto bulletproof coffee:
- Black coffee
- Unsalted butter
- Coconut Oil or MCT oil
Then, we make a delicious low carb latte milk and foam using these simple ingredients:
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Vanilla extract
- Keto-friendly sweetener (optional)
And then we put it all together for one incredible fat-burning coffee drink that tastes amazing!
Kitchen Tools Used:
- High powered blender — We love our Vitamix and saved a LOT of money buying it refurbished!
- Milk frother — This handy little tool whips up amazingly fluffy milk foam in seconds!
What is MCT Oil?
MCT stands for medium-chain triglyceride, which is a type of “good fat” that your body converts to fuel when you’re in ketosis.
What is the Difference Between MCT Oil and Coconut Oil?
MCT oil is often derived from coconut oil, though there are other food-based sources. Coconut oil contains medium-chain triglycerides, but in relatively small amounts.
MCT oil is popular with keto dieters because it is highly concentrated and thought to provide more fat burning and brain boosting properties.2
You can use coconut oil interchangeably for MCT oil in our keto latte recipe. Because MCT oil contains more MCTs (hence the name), it is usually more expensive.
Coconut oil still provides many of the nutritional benefits of MCT oil, at a lower cost.
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- What is Keto?
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
- 8 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight on Keto
How to Make Our Fat Burning Keto Vanilla Latte
Start by whipping up a batch of bulletproof coffee – click here for my go-to bulletproof coffee recipe!
Next, add almond milk to a large mug. If you like a stronger coffee taste, use 1/3 cup milk. If you like a creamier latte, use 1/2 cup milk.
I’m lactose intolerant, which is why I stick with plant-based milks. Almond milk and coconut milk are my favorites to use in coffee drinks. However, you’re welcome to use your favorite milk for this recipe.
Add vanilla extract and a keto-friendly sweetener to the mug. Sweetener is optional — sometimes I like a strong coffee and skip it! Click here to see our recommendations for best keto sweetener!
Use a milk frother to whip up a gorgeous layer of almond milk foam. This should only take 20-30 seconds. (You can also heat the almond milk on the stovetop and use a wire whisk to make foam).
Once the almond milk is nice and frothy, pour the bulletproof coffee you made into the mug with the milk. Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon (also thought to increase metabolism), and enjoy immediately.
Vanilla Keto Latte Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you like this recipe, please rate it!
Keto Vanilla Latte - Fat Burning Coffee Recipe
- milk frother
Bulletproof Coffee Ingredients
- 4-6 ounces black coffee
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil or MCT oil
Vanilla Latte Ingredients
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon keto-friendly sweetener optional
First, Make a Bulletproof Coffee
- Brew a cup of black coffee or espresso - about 4 to 6 ounces.
- Soften butter for 20 seconds in microwave. If using coconut oil instead of MCT oil, soften coconut oil with the butter.
- Add coffee, butter, and oil to blender and blend for 1 minute, until frothy.
Next, Make it a Latte!
- Pour 1/3 - 1/2 cup of almond milk into a large mug with vanilla extract and sweetener.
- Use a milk frother to make a luscious foam.
- Pour coffee into mug with foamed milk. Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.
- “Can Coffee Increase Your Metabolism and Help You Burn Fat?” — https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/coffee-increase-metabolism
- “A NUTRITIONIST EXPLAINS WHY PEOPLE ARE SO DAMN OBSESSED WITH MCT AND COCONUT OILS” — https://www.onnit.com/onnit-mct-oil/
Pin Our Keto Latte on Pinterest:
You might also like: