This easy baked Keto Salmon recipe is light and fresh and ready in 30 minutes! We’ve paired it with a flavorful creamy dill sauce for a meal the whole family will love. And it all clocks in at about 1g carbs per serving!
Oven Baked Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
We have a tradition in our house called “Salmon Mondays” — salmon is one of our favorite proteins and believe it or not, our kids love it too!
Because we cook salmon every week (or more than once a week even!) we’re always looking for new salmon recipes. This oven baked salmon is a classic preparation that we’ve paired with a delicious creamy dill sauce that you can whip up in seconds!
There are quite a few ways to prepare salmon, and here we will show you how to make oven baked salmon in about 20 minutes.
I hope that this easy keto salmon recipe becomes a favorite in your house too! It’s fast, fresh, and a restaurant quality meal that’s surprisingly simple to make in your own kitchen!
PS – If you prefer your salmon medium-doneness, check out my husband’s foolproof method to cook perfect salmon on the stovetop!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- Salmon is a great keto-friendly fish because it’s high in good fats.
- Only 1g carbs per serving!
- A restaurant quality meal in your own home for a fraction of the cost!
What You Need to Make Keto Salmon with Dill Sauce
For your convenience in re-creating our Keto Salmon with Dill Sauce, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- Cooking oil – Your choice! Or you can use non-stick cooking spray since this is just to grease our baking dish.
- Salmon filets – about 6-8oz each.
- Salt and pepper – We keep the seasoning minimal on the salmon since we’re pairing it with a flavorful dill sauce.
- Sour cream – This is the base for our delicious creamy dill sauce.
- Mayonnaise – or you can use all sour cream
- Garlic – minced or powdered
- Lemon juice & zest – You’ll want about 2TB of the juice and enough zest for flavor.
- English style mustard – Adds a little kick to our dill sauce!
- Fresh dill – You can also used dried dill if that’s what you have on hand.
Kitchen Tools Used:
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- What is Keto?
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
- 8 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight on Keto
- What are the Best Keto Sweeteners?
How to Make Keto Salmon with Dill Sauce
Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a large oblong casserole dish.
Place salmon in the dish, leaving some space between each filet, and lightly season with salt and pepper.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the proteins (the white stuff in the salmon) start to release and the flesh is tender and flaky.
While the salmon bakes, prepare your lemon dill sauce by whisking together the ingredients in a small mixing bowl. We love the flavor of fresh dill, but in a pinch you can also use dried dill.
Plate your baked salmon with a side of low carb veggies and a generous spoonful of your fresh dill sauce. Enjoy!
Keto Salmon with Dill Sauce Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you love this recipe, please rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Keto Salmon with Dill Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 4 Salmon Filets
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise or another 1/3 cup Sour Cream if you prefer
- 1 teaspoon Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon English-style Mustard
- 3 Tablespoon Fresh Dill or 2 tsp dried
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Zest and Juice of one Lemon approximately 2 Tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a large casserole dish and place the salmon fillets inside, spacing them out as much as possible.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper, to your liking.
- Bake salmon for 20 minutes or until the proteins (the white stuff) begins to come to the surface and the filets flake easily with a fork.
- While salmon bakes, prepare your lemon-dill sauce. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, and fresh dill.
- When the salmon is finished baking, remove carefully from the casserole dish and serve with 2-3 Tablespoons of sauce.
Pin our Keto Salmon with Dill Sauce Recipe on Pinterest:
More of our favorite Keto seafood recipes: