A low carb version of one of our all-time favorite recipes, these Spicy Keto Shrimp Stacks are ridiculously flavorful!
Keto Spicy Shrimp Sushi Stacks
For your convenience in re-creating our Keto Spicy Shrimp Sushi Stacks recipe at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
This Keto Shrimp Stack recipe is based on one of my all-time favorite dishes: Baja Shrimp Stacks (which are made with rice and definitely not low carb).
However, with a couple simple substitutions, you’ve got an amazing keto-friendly meal! Seriously, eating keto is EASY when you’ve got food like this!
I love kelp noodles because they are extremely low in carbs, but provide that delicious al dente texture of real noodles. If you can’t find the kelp noodles at your local grocery store, you can simply omit.
However, my husband recently found these kelp noodles which only have 2 grams of net carbs for the entire bag (3 servings)!! I repeat: 2 grams net carbs for the entire bag!!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- Lots of healthy fats
- Super flavorful
- Perfect for satisfying sushi cravings
- Non-slip mixing bowls
- Small whisk
- Sauté pan
- Kelp noodles
- Coconut aminos*
- Unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- Ginger powder
- Garlic powder
- Spicy mayo sauce (click for our zero carb recipe)
*Coconut aminos are a magical thing – similar in taste to soy sauce, but with no sugar, about 70% less sodium, and it’s gluten free!
The above is a quick glance at the ingredients and tools needed to make Keto Spicy Shrimp Sushi Stacks. Full ingredient amounts are available in the printable recipe at the bottom of the post.
KETO FAQ – Learn More
You don’t need a special container to layer your shrimp stacks. We just used a plastic food storage container! Here’s a look at how we layered our keto shrimp stacks:
Making your own spicy mayo is super easy! This way you’ll know exactly what goes into it (a lot of pre-packaged spicy mayos have additives and/or sugar). Click here for our Low Carb Spicy Mayo Recipe.
Feel free to top your shrimp stack with chopped green onions and/or cilantro or even extra Sriracha (if you like it really spicy!)
Check out another one of our favorite lunch ideas: Keto Egg Salad Wraps
Free Printable Copy of Our Spicy Keto Shrimp Stacks Recipe:
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Keto Spicy Shrimp Stack
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 cups kelp noodles chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 2 Tablespoons spicy mayo
For the Ginger Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon erythritol
- Sauté shrimp chopped yellow bell peppers in 1 Tablespoon coconut oil and 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos for 3-5 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together ginger sauce ingredients.
- Allow cooked shrimp to cool while you prep your veggies.
- Chop kelp noodles so that they are similar in length to long-grain rice.
- Layer your ingredients in a plastic container, about 1 cup in size: shrimp, avocado, bell peppers, kelp noodles, and cucumber. Press gently to pack your shrimp stacks.
- Carefully flip your container over onto a plate and wiggle gently to release your shrimp stack.
- Drizzle with ginger sauce and spicy mayo. Garnish with chopped cilantro and/or green onion if desired.
Pin our Spicy Keto Shrimp Stacks Recipe on Pinterest: