It doesn’t get any better on a cold day than this delicious Keto White Chicken Chili! Bursting with flavor from fresh veggies, tender chicken, creamy broth, and a little kick of spice, it’s like no other chili recipe you’ve ever tasted!
This healthy low carb white chicken chili is also packed with immunity boosting vitamins and minerals. We’ll show you how to make it the traditional way on the stovetop, or in the crockpot for an easy set-it-and-forget it meal!
Keto White Chicken Chili
My husband is a big soup fan — he loves to make soups and stews when the weather finally turns cold here in Texas. Since this is usually around the new year, it’s the perfect time for a healthy soup like our Keto White Chicken Chili!
We like it a little spicy, but this keto white chicken chili recipe can be easily customized by omitting the peppers to your preference.
What I especially love about this keto chicken chili is that it is packed with immunity-boosting vitamins A & C, which is just what we need with two kids bringing crud home from school all the time!
What is White Chicken Chili?
White chili is quite different than traditional chili, and is a great alternative if you’re looking for a healthy, hearty soup to enjoy when the weather turns cool.
As the name implies, white chicken chili is made with chicken instead of beef (or any other red meat).
Another key ingredient of white chili is dairy: heavy cream, sour cream, etc. This gives the white chili a smooth, creamy flavor and lighter color.
Traditional white chicken chili also contains beans in the ingredients list, though we’ve swapped the beans with extra veggies here to make our white chicken chili keto friendly.
Why I Love This Recipe:
- Hearty and satisfying — a full meal for just 6g net carbs per serving!
- Jalapeño, green chilis, and chili powder provide a kick of flavor without being too spicy.
- Perfect to make for a potluck or an easy weeknight dinner.
What You Need to Make Keto White Chicken Chili
- Rotisserie chicken — Using pre-cooked rotisserie chicken or leftovers you already have on hand not only saves time, but adds more flavor to the chili.
- Olive oil — for cooking the veggies
- Vegetables: onion, zucchini, bell pepper, jalapeño (seeded)
- Canned green chilis
- Minced garlic — feel free to use ground or powdered if that’s what you have on hand
- Spices: chili powder, cumin, oregano, coriander, paprika, salt, pepper
- Chicken broth — click here for our recipe to make your own chicken bone broth!
- Heavy cream — Gives the white chicken chili a smooth, creamy flavor and lighter color
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- What is Keto?
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
- 8 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight on Keto
- What are the best keto sweeteners?
How to Make Keto White Chicken Chili
Begin by prepping the veggies:
- Peel and chop half an onion.
- Remove the insides of a bell pepper and chop.
- Peel and chop two medium zucchini squash.
- Remove seeds from jalapeño and dice (be sure to wear gloves).
Ass a Tablespoon of olive oil to a deep-sided pot or skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and bell pepper pieces, cooking for 2-3 minutes until they start to soften.
Add diced jalapeño pepper and zucchini pieces, continuing to cook for 2-3 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, oregano, and paprika, cooking for 30 seconds until you start to smell the aromas from the spices.
Add the chicken to the pot.
Add the chicken broth and heavy whipping cream and mix everything until well combined.
Sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste, and cook at a low boil until soup begins to thicken. When the soup reaches your desired consistency, remove from heat and serve.
Tips to Make the Best Keto White Chicken Chili
- If you would like your chili to be more soup-like (less thick), add 3 cups of chicken broth instead of two.
- Garnish with lime wedges, avocado slices, and cilantro for even more delicious flavor.
- Make it dairy free by substituting coconut cream or dairy-free cream.
- If you’re not a fan of spicy foods, feel free to omit the jalapeño pepper.
Can You Make White Chicken Chili in the Crockpot?
Sure! You can make our keto white chicken chili in a crockpot using the following steps:
- Start with raw chicken breast* and add to crockpot along with broth, veggies, and spices.
- Cook until chicken is done (2-3 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low).
- Remove chicken from crockpot to cutting board to cool enough to handle.
- Shred chicken and add back to crockpot along with cream.
- Cook on low heat for 20 more minutes, then switch to warm until ready to serve.
*If using rotisserie chicken, don’t add until the veggies are already cooked. Add rotisserie chicken at step 5, along with cream.
Related: Click here to see all of our favorite keto chicken recipes!
More of our favorite keto soup recipes:
- Keto Goulash
- Keto Instant Pot Asparagus Soup
- Easy Make-Ahead Freezer Chicken Soup
- Keto Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Keto White Chicken Chili Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you love this recipe, please rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Keto White Chicken Chili
- 1 lb. Rotisserie chicken meat shredded
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ Medium onion chopped
- 2 Medium zucchini peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Medium bell pepper chopped
- 1 Large Jalapeno seeded and finely diced
- 4 oz. Green chilis a small can is 4 oz
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic
- 2 tsp. Chili powder
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- ½ tsp. Coriander ground
- ½ tsp. Paprika
- 2-3 Cup Chicken broth
- ½ Cup Heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a deep-sided pot or skillet over medium-high heat on the stove.
- Add the chopped onion and bell pepper to the skillet, and sauté for 2-3 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add diced jalapeño and chopped zucchini to the pot, and continue to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, oregano, and paprika, and stir to coat well. Sauté for an additional 30 seconds until the herbs start to become aromatic.
- Add the chicken to the pot, and stir to combine, followed by broth and cream. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste, and continue to cook at a low boil until soup begins to thicken.
Pin our Keto White Chicken Chili Recipe on Pinterest:
More of our favorite Keto chicken recipes: