This simple and delicious Mason Jar Keto Greek Salad is a perfect grab and go meal to stay on track, even on busy days! This easy make-ahead lunch recipe will make sure that you’re getting lots of delicious and healthy vegetables in your diet too! There are only 4g net carbs per serving and each serving is packed with nutritious ingredients!
Keto Greek Salad in a Jar
I love salads…but I don’t particularly like making salads.
That’s why I find it helpful to meal prep and make a big batch of salad at once! That way I only have to wash and prep the veggies one time, instead of getting everything out and then cleaning back up for every single serving.
This keto Greek salad has all the tangy flavor of a traditional Greek salad — and only 4 grams of net carbs per serving!
It’s also rich in Vitamin A and a good source of calcium. Plus the dressing contains lots of good fats to fuel your body on ketosis and keep you feeling full throughout the day.
I also love how colorful this salad is — I just feel good when I eat a big colorful salad full of different veggies. And my body thanks me too!
Is Greek Salad Keto?
A traditional Greek salad is relatively low carb, however, we made a couple tweaks so that ours is definitely keto friendly.
The key is to make your own Greek dressing, as some store bought dressings contain sugar and other additives. Greek dressing doesn’t really need added sugar, but if you want to balance out the vinegar a bit, you can add a pinch of a keto friendly sugar substitute.
As for the rest of the ingredients — it’s all veggies and a bit of feta cheese (which is low in carbs). Vegetables do contain some carbs, but the nutritional value of vegetables far outweighs the couple grams of carbohydrates that they bring to the table.
Even on keto, you gotta eat your veggies!
Our keto Greek salad contains 4 grams of net carbs, so it should fit perfectly into any keto diet.
Can you make salad a day ahead?
That’s the beauty of this mason jar Greek salad — it lends itself perfectly to meal prepping!
The problem with making salad in advance is that the lettuce often starts to wilt within a day or so. However, since our keto Greek salad doesn’t have any lettuce, you don’t have to worry about that!
We used sturdy veggies that will hold up well for at least a few days in you keep them in sealed containers in the fridge. You don’t necessarily have to use a mason jar, but a food storage container is helpful for keeping your salad fresher longer.
TIP: If you love lettuce in your salad, feel free to add some! Leave a little extra space in your mason jar, then add the lettuce on the day you plan to enjoy your salad.
Why I Love This Recipe:
- Packed with nutrients, not carbs!
- Perfect for meal prepping!
- Makes eating fresh and healthy easy and delicious!
What You Need to Make a Low Carb Greek Salad
For your convenience in re-creating this recipe at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- Grape or cherry tomatoes — I personally love grape tomatoes because they are the perfect bite size!
- Green Olives — be sure to remove the pits!
- Feta cheese — You can substitute bleu cheese in a pinch, or omit the cheese to go dairy free.
- Red onion
- Olive oil — Provides the healthy fats our body uses for energy while in ketosis.
- Red wine vinegar — So much flavor!
- Minced garlic
- Lemon juice — I like to use a squeeze of real lemon, but you can also use the lemon juice that comes in a jar.
- Salt and pepper — As much or as little as you like!
Kitchen supplies used:
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- What is Keto?
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
- 8 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight on Keto
How to Make a Mason Jar Greek Salad
First, wash and dry all of your fresh veggies. Then chop and slice each item. This is the most time consuming part of the recipe, and one of the reasons I like to make a big batch in advance!
Put all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss to mix.
In another bowl, whisk together your dressing ingredients.
Pour the dressing over the salad and stir so that everything is touched by the dressing.
Scoop salad into mason jars and keep refrigerated until serving.
Related: For another fun low carb salad, try our Keto Big Mac in a Bowl!
Keto Greek Salad Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Mason Jar Keto Greek Salad
For the salad
- 1-2 Cucumbers chopped
- 1 cup Grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 20-30 Green olives sliced
- 2 ounces Feta cheese crumbled
- ¼ Red onion thinly sliced
For the dressing
- 3 ½ Tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Minced garlic
- Fresh lemon juice to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash, dry, and cut up your veggies.
- Add the salad ingredients to large mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over the salad, and stir well so that everything is coated in dressing.
- Scoop salad into mason jars and keep refrigerated until serving.
Pin our Keto Greek Salad On-the-Go on Pinterest:
You might also like: