Sweet, crispy, and full of fresh veggies. Tastes just like the cookout classic, but THIS Keto Broccoli Salad contains no added sugar and only 2g net carbs!
Easy Keto Broccoli Salad
My favorite cookout side dish is broccoli salad. My mom used to make this delicious broccoli salad every summer with raisins — it was sweet, crispy, fresh, and I could basically eat the whole bowl myself!
The original recipe contains quite a bit of sugar, so it’s definitely not keto friendly. However, it’s super easy to modify and make low carb!
It’s packed full of hearty delicious ingredients that will keep you full at your next potluck, barbecue, or even on your holiday table. And it is absolutely delicious! Tastes just like the classic dish I remember, but totally guilt free!
Is Broccoli Keto?
Broccoli is one of the best vegetables to enjoy on the keto diet because it only has about 2g net carbs in a half cup serving. Plus it is a good source of fiber, which keeps you feeling full longer.
Additionally, broccoli provides a wide variety of vitamins and minerals. It even contains protein! Talk about a super food!
Love Broccoli? Try our Keto Sesame Chicken with Broccoli recipe too! It’s one of our most popular recipes!
Low Carb Broccoli Salad Ingredients
- Broccoli — We recommend using fresh broccoli
- Sour Cream — Go with full fat; fat is our friend on keto!
- Mayonnaise — Again, choose full fat vs. light mayo
- White Wine Vinegar
- White Balsamic Vinegar — If you can’t find white balsamic, you can use white wine vinegar in its place.
- Red Onion — minced
- Cheddar Cheese — shredded
- Bacon — Cooked and crumbled
- Salt and Pepper — to taste
How to Make Keto Broccoli Salad
Place a pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil. While water heats, wash and chop broccoli into bite size pieces and fill a large bowl with ice water (leaving room at the top so it won’t overflow when you add broccoli later).
Once water is boiling, reduce heat down to medium and add broccoli. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then drain broccoli and and put into the ice bath for a couple minutes.
To make the dressing, stir together the sour cream and mayonnaise in a large bowl. Add vinegars, salt, and pepper.
Drain broccoli and place in a large mixing bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Stir in onions, cheese, and bacon.
Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. When you’re ready to serve, garnish with extra shredded cheese and bacon, if desired.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Use Frozen Broccoli for Broccoli Salad?
Got a big bag of frozen broccoli in the freezer that you’d like to use up? Thinking perhaps you could swap it out for fresh broccoli when making this broccoli salad?
The good news is that you CAN use frozen broccoli florets to make broccoli salad. The catch is that they might not be quite as crispy as fresh broccoli.
When making the frozen florets, you’ll want to drop them in boiling water just long enough to thaw them out. Then quickly move the florets to an ice bath (like we did with the cooked fresh broccoli).
Since frozen broccoli contains more moisture than fresh, you may want to gently press between two paper towels to soak up some of the excess water after cooking. Just don’t press hard enough to smush them!
Can You Make a Day Ahead?
Absolutely! This is one recipe that is PERFECT for making in advance, even the day before! I love broccoli salad the next day after all the flavors have melded together even more.
How Long Does Broccoli Salad Keep?
Store your salad in a covered container in the fridge until ready to serve. If serving at a cookout, do not leave out more than two hours.
Any leftovers can be kept refrigerated for 3-4 days. I think that this recipes tastes fabulous the next day after all the flavors have had time to soak into the broccoli!
More of our favorite Keto Salad Recipes:
- Keto Chicken BLT Salad with Warm Mustard Vinaigrette
- Cucumber, Avocado, and Pomegranate Salad
- Mason Jar Keto Greek Salad
- Keto Egg Salad Wraps
- Warm Keto Asian Noodle Salad
- Keto Chinese Chicken Salad
Keto Broccoli Salad Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you tried this recipe and loved it, please rate it!
Keto Broccoli Salad
- 4 cups Broccoli
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Red Onion minced
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 4 slices Bacon crumbled
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash and chop broccoli into bite sized pieces.
- Place a pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil. When boiling, reduce heat to medium and add broccoli.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, then move broccoli to an ice bath. Drain broccoli and add to a large bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the sour cream and mayonnaise. Add vinegars, salt and pepper.
- Add dressing to bowl with broccoli and toss to coat. Stir in the red onion, cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Pin our Sugar Free Broccoli Salad on Pinterest
You might also like: