These keto-friendly stuffed artichokes are smothered in cheese and topped with crispy pork rind crumbles – they’re so good they literally melt in your mouth!
Keto Stuffed Artichokes
I love steamed artichokes – so I’m especially excited to share this ahh-mazing stuffed artichoke recipe!
If you’ve ever cooked artichokes before, you know it is a dish that requires a little TLC. But the results are SO worth it!
These stuffed artichokes are bursting with ooey-gooey melted cheese (two kinds!) and even have a little bit of crunch from crumbled pork rinds. Oh yes we did!!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- Only 3 grams net carbs per serving!
- A wow-worthy appetizer or side dish
- Lots of vitamins, minerals, protein, good fats, and calcium
For your convenience in re-creating our stuffed artichoke recipe at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- Non-slip mixing bowls
- Cookie sheet
- Silicone baking mat
- Large saucepan
- Whole artichoke
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Pork rinds
- Lemon juice
- Fresh parsley
- Salt & Pepper
The above is a quick glance at the ingredients and tools needed to make cheese stuffed artichokes. Full ingredient amounts are available in the printable recipe at the bottom of the post.
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
- 8 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight on Keto
How to Make Stuffed Artichokes
While your water comes to a boil, prepare your artichoke by cutting off the stem, as well as the very top of the artichoke. You’ll also want to snip off the pointy ends of the artichoke petals.
When finished it will look like this:
Place the artichoke into your boiling water, cover, and steam for 25 minutes. While your artichoke cooks, prepare your stuffing.
When you artichoke is cooked, remove from water, drain, and allow to cool enough to handle.
Push the stuffing between every leaf, so that each bite will be as delicious as the next.
Top with extra mozzarella cheese and broil for about 5 minutes, until golden brown.
Free Printable Copy of Our Keto-Friendly Stuffed Artichoke Recipe:
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Keto Stuffed Artichokes
- 1 Artichoke large
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon juice
- ½ cup Pork rinds crumbled
- ½ cup Shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- ¼ cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour about an inch of water into the bottom of a pot on the stove over medium heat, and bring to a low boil.
- Add 2 tbsp of lemon juice to the water.
- Cut the stem off of the artichoke and trim a small portion off the top. Using kitchen scissors, snip off the sharp, pointy end of each of the artichoke leaves.
- Place the prepared artichoke into the water face up, cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the artichoke from the water, drain and allow it to cool for several minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine all mozzarella cheese (setting aside a couple Tablespoons), parmesan cheese, olive oil, garlic, pork rind crumbs, and chopped parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste, then stir to mix.
- Use a spoon to stuff the cheese crumb mixture into the artichoke. Be sure to get some of the mixture between each of the leaves.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top of the artichoke.
- Place the stuffed artichoke on a baking tray, and broil for 5 minutes or until the cheese begins to turn golden brown.
Pin our Stuffed Artichoke Recipe on Pinterest: