A carnival classic, gone guilt free! These delicious cinnamon sugar keto churros have only 1 gram of net carbs each!
Keto & Sugar Free Churros
Living in Texas, churros are a BIG deal and a favorite treat!
But of course on the keto diet, they’re reserved for cheat days…or are they??
These baked churros are low carb, gluten free, and sugar free. Sounds boring and impossible that they taste good, BUT they are amazing!!
Seriously…SO SO good!
Related: Love cinnamon? Try our fluffy Keto Snickerdoodles too!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- Only 1 gram net carbs per serving!
- Ready in about 30 minutes
- A decadent treat!
For your convenience in re-creating our baked churros recipe at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- Non-slip mixing bowls
- Cookie sheet
- Silicone baking mat
- Large saucepan
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Xanthan gum
- Coconut oil
- Stevia powder
The above is a quick glance at the ingredients and tools needed to make low carb churros. Full ingredient amounts are available in the printable recipe at the bottom of the post.
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- What is Keto?
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
- 8 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight on Keto
How to Make Baked Churros
Believe it or not, these low carb churros are pretty easy to make!
Once you’ve got your sugar free churros batter made, scoop it into a frosting decorating bag:
We fitted our bag with a star tip because it makes those perfect lines on the baked churros:
Pipe out 6″ strips of batter to form each churro:
Bake until golden brown (about 15 minutes) then finish in the broiler for a couple minutes so they crisp up on the outside.
Finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and/or stevia and enjoy! These baked churros taste amazing fresh out of the oven!
Related: Click here to see all of our favorite keto dessert recipes!
Free Printable Copy of Our Keto Churros Recipe
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Keto Churros - Healthy Baked Churros
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp xantham gum
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp stevia powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick silicone baking mat.
- Add all dry ingredients to a medium mixing bowl, whisk together and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan add water, stevia, cinnamon, and coconut oil and bring to boil. Turn off heat and allow mixture to rest for 3 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients to pan and stir with a rubber spatula.
- Add the egg and continue stirring until well combined.
- Scoop churro dough into a frosting decorating bag fitted with a star piping tip.
- Pipe the dough directly onto the prepared baking sheet, in 6 inch strips.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges start to turn golden brown, then broil on low for 3 minutes.
Net Carbs: 1g per serving
Pin our Keto Churros on Pinterest:
You might also love:
Can these be fried like traditional churros, or are they too soft?
I haven’t tried frying them yet, so can’t say for sure. Almond flour can be a bit trickier to fry since it is a bit more fragile than traditional flours, but it might work if you handle carefully. If you do end up trying to fry them, let me know how it goes!