A deliciously crispy (and guilt-free) copycat version of KFC chicken tenders.
Keto KFC Chicken Strips
As a kid, anytime I went to a restaurant I ordered chicken tenders. I never got tired of them!
Even as a grown-up, I still have a soft spot for the crispy chicken strips that I loved so much in my youth.
Let’s be real…when it comes to chicken, KFC knows what they’re doing! (Note: This is not a sponsored post in any way. Just a fun copycat recipe for my fellow KFC Chicken Tenders fans!)
The only problem is that chicken strips are usually heavily breaded and not keto-friendly.
This Keto Chicken Tenders recipe uses an almond flour batter and a spot-on copycat KFC seasoning mix for the perfect crunch…without all the carbs!
My inner child is happy again!
Related: If you love KFC’s extra crispy recipe, you’ve got to try our crispy Keto Crackle Chicken too! It’s got ZERO carbs!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- Better-for-you than fast food
- Simple, real food ingredients
- Ready in about 30 minutes or less
- Dairy free
- You can use this spice mix on any type of protein
For your convenience in re-creating our Keto Copycat KFC Chicken Strips at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- Deep fryer or dutch oven
- Chicken thighs
- Almond flour
- Copycat KFC seasoning (recipe in card at bottom of post)
The above is a quick glance at the ingredients and tools needed to make this Low Carb Copycat KFC Chicken Strips recipe. Full ingredient amounts are available in the printable recipe at the bottom of the post.
KETO FAQ – Learn More
Make a double or triple batch of our Copycat KFC seasoning and save the extra to use another time!
You may want to do the dredging in batches, as the almond flour gets wet and clumpy quicker than all-purpose flour. We used 3 batches of almond flour mixture for our chicken tenders.
If you don’t have a deep fryer at home, you can also use a dutch oven to fry up your keto chicken tenders.
Pairing Tip: Make it a meal with our Pesto Keto Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes!
Free Printable Copy of Our Copycat Keto KFC Chicken Tenders Recipe:
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Keto Copycat KFC Chicken Strips
- 4 pieces chicken thighs deboned and cut into 2-3each
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3 teaspoons KFC seasoning to taste
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups oil of choice
Copycat KFC seasoning:
- 2/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/3 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 teaspoon white pepper
- Pour oil into a heavy pan (like a dutch oven) or deep fryer.
- Begin heating oil on medium while you prepare the chicken tenders.
- Combine 1/2 cup of the almond flour with 1 teaspoon or more of the KFC seasoning in a small mixing bowl.
- Crack the eggs into a second bowl and whisk for 30 seconds.
- Dredge the chicken through the almond flour mixture, then the eggs, then repeat through the almond flour.
- When the oil is hot, add 3 pieces of chicken at a time and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes each, until cooked through and golden brown, flipping halfway through.
- Place chicken tenders to dry on a plate lined with paper towels. Repeat process until all chicken strips are cooked.
Pin this Keto Chicken Tenders Recipe on Pinterest: