A rich and creamy comfort food that the whole family will love – this Keto Instant Pot Asparagus Soup is ready in less than 30 minutes and packed with nutrients!
Keto IP Asparagus Soup
One of the things other parents tell me is most challenging about eating keto (or any type of diet) is that they worry about what they can feed the rest of the family.
In our house, we only prepare one dinner, so we look for options that everyone will enjoy taste-wise and that meet all of our needs. You don’t have to become a short-order cook to be successful with Keto!
Believe it or not, asparagus is one of the vegetables that both of our older girls like. That’s why this Keto Asparagus Soup is perfect for a family meal.
It may be Keto (so it keeps mom and dad happy), but it provides so many wonderful nutrients for the kids. We grown-ups enjoy the soup as-is, and make a pot of rice to serve with the soup for our kids.
It’s an easy, comforting meal that keeps everyone happy! Win-win!
Related: For another meal that’s a hit with the whole family, try our Keto Copycat KFC Chicken Tenders!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- One pot meal
- Lots of vegetables
- Ready in about 30 minutes or less
- Dairy free
Health Benefits of Asparagus
- Nutrient dense, low calorie food
- Good source of vitamins C, A, E, K, and Folate
- High in antioxidants
- May aid in digestion
For your convenience in re-creating our Keto Asparagus Soup at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- Instant Pot
- High powered blender
- 2 Tablespoons oil of choice
- Garlic cloves
- Vegetable broth or chicken broth
- Bay leaf
- Salt & pepper
- Cooking oil
The above is a quick glance at the ingredients and tools needed to make this Instant Pot Asparagus Soup recipe. Full ingredient amounts are available in the printable recipe at the bottom of the post.
KETO FAQ – Learn More
For extra flavor, try making your asparagus soup with our Instant Pot Chicken Bone Broth!
I prefer to use natural release, but you can use the quick release if you are pressed for time. Just be aware that since this is a soup and there is a lot of liquid in your Instant Pot, there is more of a chance for splattering with quick release.
Use caution when transferring your soup from the Instant Pot to your blender, as it will be hot.
We’ve tried a few different blenders and by far the Vitamix outperforms them all (more than one of our previous blenders burned up doing normal food prep). You can get a really good deal on a refurbished Vitamix – that’s how we bought ours and it’s worked like a dream!
More Keto Friendly Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
- Keto Instant Pot Chicken Bone Broth
- Instant Pot Chicken Breasts
- Instant Pot Keto Pork Roast
- Keto Instant Beef & Broccoli
Free Printable Copy of Our Keto Instant Pot Asparagus Soup Recipe:
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Keto Instant Pot Asparagus Soup
- 2 Tablespoons oil of choice
- 1 lb asparagus woody ends removed, chopped into 3" pieces
- 1 onion quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 cups vegetable broth (can use chicken broth if preferred)
- 2 turnips peeled and chopped
- 1 bay leaf optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash, peel, and chop vegetables.
- Set your Instant Pot to sauté and add your oil.
- When the oil is hot, add your vegetables and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Turn off the sauté setting and add the remaining ingredients. Stir to get any pieces of garlic, onion or asparagus that may be stuck on the bottom, and then secure the lid.
- Set the Instant Pot to the Soup/Stew setting for 15 minutes.
- Use natural release.
- Remove the bay leaf and carefully transfer the soup mixture to a good quality blender to puree.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper to your preference before serving.
Pin our Keto Asparagus Soup on Pinterest:
You might also like: