Made with real espresso and lots of good fats, these keto chocolate coffee fat bombs are delicious fuel to keep your body in fat-burning mode!
One of the things I love most about the keto diet is that once I’m in ketosis, my energy levels stabilize.
However, there are still occasions where I find myself hitting that midday slump — but a plain cup of coffee is sure to give me the jitters!
One option is bulletproof coffee, which is a special coffee recipe infused with energy-boosting fats.
Another option is to snack on a fat bomb — yep, fat bomb!
What are Fat Bombs?
Fat bombs are a bite-sized treats that are mostly fats (hence the name) and very little carbs.
While many other types of diets discourage eating a lot fat, on the keto diet fats is our friend! That’s because when your body is in ketosis, it switches to burning fat for fuel. Eating fat is necessary for weight loss! (That’s the short version of it at least!)
Keto Chocolate Coffee Fat Bombs
These mocha fat bombs are my new favorite recipe! Not only are they packed with the good fats your body needs for maintaining ketosis, but they have a little added bonus…
We made these sweet little treats with real espresso, so they are double the pick-me-up!
Why I Love This Recipe
- Only 1.5g net carbs each!
- Perfect to make ahead and freeze!
- Made with real espresso for an energy boost!
For your convenience in re-creating this recipe at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
Low Carb Chocolate Coffee Fat Bombs Ingredients
- Cream cheese — One (8 ounce) block, be sure to soften it first for easier mixing!
- Butter — We recommend unsalted butter, but you can use salted if you like a hint of salty with your sweet treats! Make sure it is softened (not melted) before mixing too.
- Cocoa powder — Be sure to use unsweetened cocoa powder!
- Espresso — Already brewed (not the powder)
- Powdered Erythritol Sweetener — We love Lakanto brand monk fruit sweeteners — if you shop through my link and use code “SOCCERMOM” you can save 15% every time you purchase! Swerve is another good-tasting option when it comes to keto sweeteners.
Kitchen Supplies Used:
- Electric hand mixer
- Non-slip mixing bowls
- Parchment paper or Non-stick silicone baking mat
- Baking sheet
How to Make Mocha Swirl Fat Bombs
First you’ll combine all of the butter and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until it’s nice and blended. Then scoop half of the mixture into a separate mixing bowl, so you have two bowls of cream cheese/butter mixture.
In one bowl, add 4 Tablespoons of cocoa powder and the espresso and mix it until smooth and chocolate-y in color.
TIP: Allow your espresso to cool to room temperature before mixing into the cream cheese.
In the other bowl, add your keto-friendly sweetener and mix.
Now take the mocha mixture and scoop it back into the bowl of the plain sweetened cream cheese. Gently swirl together.
Chill the mixture for about 30 minutes, then scoop into ping-pong sized balls on a lined baking sheet. Freeze for 20 minutes to set.
Once chilled, roll each ball in a light coating of cocoa powder.
Can You Use Decaf Coffee?
Sure! You can use regular coffee, half-caff, decaf — pretty much any type of brewed coffee will work for this recipe. I personally like my coffee strong, so that’s why I use espresso.
Be sure to allow your coffee to cool to room temperature before mixing into the cream cheese and butter.
How to Store Fat Bombs
Place fat bombs in an airtight container, taking care not to pack them in too tightly, as you don’t want them to smoosh together. The cocoa coating should help keep them from sticking.
You can keep your fat bombs in the fridge for 1-2 weeks, or up to 6 months in the freezer.
How to Make Fat Bombs for Coffee
This is such cool trick to make a quick “cheater” bulletproof coffee if you don’t want to whip out the blender!
Simply take one of your mocha fat bombs and drop it into a mug of piping hot coffee. Stir the fat bomb and it will slowly start to dissolve, acting like a coffee creamer and a big boost of healthy fats!
More of our favorite fat bomb recipes:
Keto Chocolate Coffee Fat Bombs Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Keto Mocha Fat Bombs
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 6 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder divided in 4 and 2 tbsp
- 3 Tablespoons brewed espresso
- 3 teaspoons powdered erythritol sweetener
- Beat cream cheese and butter together until creamy (about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes).
- Scoop about half of the cream cheese mixture into a second mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add 4 Tablespoons cocoa powder and all of the espresso to your first bowl of cream cheese, then mix for 90 seconds.
- Add your sweetener to the other bowl of cream cheese and mix until combined (about 30 seconds).
- Gently fold the espresso cream cheese into sweetened cream cheese, until it has a swirled appearance.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Scoop generous Tablespoon-sized balls of your fat bomb mixture onto your prepared baking sheet. Chill in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and gently roll the balls in cocoa powder.
- Store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.
Pin our Low Carb Coffee Fat Bombs on Pinterest:
You might also like: