These Keto Churro Fat Bombs taste just like the real thing! Crispy cinnamon sugar coating wrapped around a smooth cheesecake filling — they’re a delicious way to get the good fats your body needs to stay in ketosis!
For your convenience in re-creating our cinnamon fat bombs, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
Keto Churro Fat Bombs
If you’ve ever had a churro then you know. You know just how amazing each bit of fried dough is…how the cinnamon sugar coating melts in your mouth…oh man…now I’m really craving them!!
If you’ve peeked ahead to the ingredients list you might have noticed pork rinds listed. Sounds weird, but just trust me on this! The addition of these little crunchy bits of goodness is what truly makes these fat bombs taste like real churros! That’s how you get the fried dough flavor without any of the dough…and carbs!
Finally, to take these to the next level, we made the filling smooth and creamy cinnamon cheesecake. It’s like a cheesecake stuffed churro…and it. is. amazing.
Related: Be sure to try our Keto Churro Recipe too!
What is a fat bomb?
Fat bombs are 1-2 bite snacks that are nearly all fat, with very little protein or carbs.
Since carbs are restricted on keto, your body turns to fat for fuel (a very simplified version of what happens in ketosis). It can be tricky to get enough fats from regular food, so fat bombs are a useful tool to give your body the fat it needs.
They also make delicious keto-friendly desserts when cravings strike, but you want to stay on track!
Keto Churro Fat Bombs Ingredients
- Cream cheese
- Butter — stick with unsalted butter, as the pork rinds may be salty already
- Vanilla extract
- Granular sweetener — We love Lakanto brand monk fruit sweeteners — if you shop through my link and use code “SOCCERMOM” you can save 15% every time you purchase!
- Pork rinds — regular flavor, crushed
Kitchen Supplies Used:
Keto Churro Fat Bombs Ingredients
- Less than 1g net carb each!
- Perfect to make ahead and freeze!
- Tastes like a combination of churro and cheesecake!
How to Make Keto Churro Fat Bombs
To start, grab two mixing bowls. In the first bowl, use an electric hand mixer to blend butter, softened cream cheese, and vanilla extract.
In the second bowl, mix 1 Tablespoon cinnamon, 1 Tablespoon sweetener, and 1 Tablespoon melted butter.
Pour the cinnamon mixture into the bowl of cream cheese mixture and use a spoon to gently swirl them together.
Cover the bowl and chill in fridge for about 20 minutes.
While the fat bomb filling cools, grab a small mixing bowl and whisk together pork rind crumbs, a heaping tablespoon of cinnamon, and 1/3 cup granular sweetener.
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a non-stick silicone baking mat. Take the bowl of cream cheese mixture out of the fridge and use a small cookie scoop (1 TB) to portion it out onto your prepared pan.
Roll each individual ball in the pork rind mixture and place back on parchment surface.
How to Store
TIP: For any fat bombs that you’re planning to save for later, wait to roll those in the pork rinds mixture until you’re ready to eat them.
Store the cinnamon pork rind crumbles in a ziplock bag or airtight container at room temperature. Place the fat bombs (without coating) in a food storage container in the fridge or freezer.
Roll fat bombs in your churro coating right before you eat them — this keeps the coating crispy!
How many fat bombs can you have on keto?
As the name implies, fat bombs are super rich and loaded with fat! While fat is our friend on the keto diet, eating a handful at a time might cause a bit of stomach upset because they are indeed so rich.
We recommend 1-2 fat bombs per day as a keto-friendly sweet treat or a pick-me-up snack.
How long do fat bombs last in the freezer?
Fat bombs are great to make ahead for those days when you need a bite of something sweet or a quick burst of energy. They can keep for up to 1-2 weeks in the fridge, but they last even longer in the freezer!
Store your fat bombs in a freezer bag or freezer-safe container and they will last for up to 6 months!
More of our favorite fat bomb recipes:
Free Printable Copy of Our Keto Churro Fat Bombs Recipe:
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Keto Churro Fat Bombs
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 Tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup granular sweetener plus 1 additional Tablespoon
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon divided into two single Tablespoons
- 1 Tablespoon butter melted
- 1/3 cup pork rinds crushed
- Beat the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla together in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir together 1 Tablespoon cinnamon, 1 Tablespoon sweetener, and 1 Tablespoon melted butter.
- Pour the cinnamon sugar mixture on top of the cream cheese mixture and gently swirl together.
- Cover bowl and chill in fridge for 20 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together pork rind crumbs, one Tablespoon cinnamon, and 1/3 cup sweetener.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and scoop ping-pong sized balls (about 1 TB) of the fat bomb mixture onto the pan.
- Roll each individual ball in the pork rind mixture and place back onto sheet pan.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge or freezer.
Pin our Keto Churro Fat Bombs Recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like:
Hie…What is the subsitute for pork rinds?
If you don’t have them or don’t care to use them, I’d just skip the pork rinds. They’ll taste more like cinnamon cheesecake – delicious!