This is the best low carb version of white sandwich bread we’ve ever tried — it totally beats those expensive, crumbly store-bought breads! Ditch the carbs with this easy Keto Bread Recipe and have all the sandwiches you love!
Keto Sandwich Bread
If you’ve ever bought low carb bread at the store, you probably noticed two main things:
- It’s expensive!!
- It is usually very crumbly and doesn’t hold together well for sandwiches.
So I figured, why spend a lot of money on a sub-par product when you can simply make your own keto bread at home?
If you’ve been missing that classic white sandwich bread…or sandwiches altogether, you MUST try this recipe!! This keto sandwich bread is fluffy, tasty, and holds up to the job of keeping your sandwich goodies in place!
This one is a winner!!
Why I Love This Recipe
- Recreates the look and taste of white sandwich bread, without all the carbs!
- Only 3g net carbs per slice
- An easy low carb bread recipe!
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
- 8 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight on Keto
For your convenience in re-creating our keto bread recipe at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
Keto Bread Ingredients
- Almond flour — We used blanched almond flour because it is slightly finer than almond meal and will create the look of white bread when baked. However, you can use almond meal if that’s what you have on hand, as it is pretty much the same carb-wise.
- Swerve granular sugar — You can also use Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener*, which is another one of our favorite keto sweeteners.
- Baking powder
- Butter — Make sure it’s at room temperature, for easier mixing
- Cream cheese — Also at room temperature
*We love Lakanto brand monk fruit sweeteners — if you shop through my link and use code “SOCCERMOM” you can save 15% every time you purchase! This particular sweetener combines the clean taste of monk fruit with the easy mix-ability of erythritol for an unbeatable blend!
Kitchen Supplies Used:
How to Make Keto Bread
I love this recipe because it is so simple! Only 7 ingredients and no fussing with yeast, rising time, etc.
First, you’ll cream the butter and sweetener in a large mixing bowl. Then add the cream cheese and eggs.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, then pour them into the bowl of wet ingredients. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
Pour batter into a prepared loaf pan and bake for 30-40 minutes at 350°F.
Once done, let cool for 15-20 minutes.
How do I know when my bread is done?
To make sure your bread is done, you want to look for two things:
- The crust is a beautiful golden brown.
- When you press down on the middle of the loaf, it bounces right back up.
If the loaf squishes and doesn’t rebound at all when you push on it, you’ll need to bake for a few minutes to make sure it is done in the middle.
Slice and enjoy!
How to Store Keto Bread
There are a few different ways that you can store your low carb bread, and I’ll detail the pros/cons to each:
- Store at room temperature like regular bread — If you live in a humid climate, I don’t recommend this method because keto bread absorbs moisture faster than normal bread. This bread recipe will last a couple days at room temperature, which is fine if you plan to enjoy it right away. If you want it to last longer, try storing in the fridge or freezing.
- Keep refrigerated — To extend the life of your bread, wrap the loaf in paper towels or parchment paper and store on a plate in the fridge. Avoid sealing in a plastic bag, storage container, or anything that will trap moisture and make your bread turn soggy.
- Freeze it — Keto bread freezes well and can last for months this way! If you want to enjoy it a slice at a time, wrap individual slices in plastic wrap or parchment paper and keep in a freezer bag. That way you can take out individual slices to thaw. You can also wrap the entire loaf and thaw it all at once.
Free Printable Copy of Our Keto Bread Recipe:
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
The Best Keto Bread Recipe
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Swerve granulated sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients (except Swerve) in a bowl.
- With a hand mixer, combine the butter and Swerve sweetener in a separate bowl.
- Beat softened cream cheese into the butter/sweetener mixture.
- Add your eggs one by one to the mixture until smooth.
- Mix dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and blend for a minute until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Bake in a 9" loaf pan for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown on top. Check on it starting at the 25 minute mark.
- Once done, remove from oven and allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before removing from the pan. Finish cooling on a wire rack.
Pin our Keto Bread Recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like: