Sweet and tangy, these Keto BBQ Meatballs are a guaranteed crown pleaser! And with only 5g net carbs, they make the perfect low carb appetizer! Did I mention that they’re super easy to make in a slow cooker?!
Easy Slow Cooker Keto BBQ Meatballs
One of my favorite party appetizers are those little barbecue meatballs, however, barbecue sauce is often loaded with sugar!
Solution? Make your own barbecue sauce! It’s really not tricky at all and homemade BBQ sauce is soooo good!
Our keto barbecue meatballs have less that 5g net carbs per serving, making them a guilt-free weeknight meal or game day appetizer. They’re super easy to whip up in the slow cooker — you literally just put it all in and cook for 3 hours. Gotta love a good “set it and forget it” dish!
These slow cooker keto-friendly BBQ meatballs are so easy to make, and it’s perfect for busy weeknights. This easy crockpot appetizer is perfect for serving guests at parties. Non-keto eaters in the family can easily enjoy these as meatball subs too! These tasty meatballs are sweet yet savory and are sure to get your kids to ask for seconds.
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- What is Keto?
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
- 8 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight on Keto
- What are the best keto sweeteners?
What You Need to Make Keto BBQ Meatballs
For your convenience in re-creating this recipe at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- Frozen Meatballs — Be sure to check ingredients to make sure they are low carb!
- Tomato Paste
- Water — as needed
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Brown sugar monkfruit sweetener — We love Lakanto brand monk fruit sweeteners for their clean taste — if you shop through my link and use code “SOCCERMOM” you can save 15% every time you purchase!
- Coconut aminos — You can use soy sauce, but we like coconut aminos as a more keto friendly option. Plus they are gluten free!
- Worcestershire sauce
- Spices — Garlic powder, onion powder, chipotle powder, paprika, salt, pepper
Kitchen Tools Used
How to Make Crockpot Keto BBQ Meatballs
Add all of the sauce ingredients/spices to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
Add the meatballs to the slow cooker and stir to coat in sauce.
You can add the frozen meatballs directly to the slow cooker — this is a huge time saver! If you like the outside of your meatballs browned, give them a quick sauté before adding to the crockpot.
Once meatballs are in the sauce, place the lid on top and cook for 3 hours on high.
Once done cooking, switch the crockpot to “keep warm” setting while serving. Give the meatballs a stir before plating to ensure they have a nice coating of sauce.
Can You Make this Recipe without a Slow Cooker?
Absolutely! We love our crockpot because it saves time — you can “set it and forget it!”
If you want to make this in a large pan on the stovetop, that would work too.
Here are our recommended stovetop directions:
- Cook meatballs in a sauté pan until browned on the outside.
- Add sauce ingredients and spices to a large pot, such as a Dutch oven and stir until mixed.
- Add meatballs to your large pot and stir to coat in sauce.
- Cook at a low simmer until meatballs are done throughout. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking or scorching.
Making Keto Barbecue Meatballs for a Crowd?
This recipe can easily be doubled! As long as you have a standard sized slow cooker, you can double the proportions of all the ingredients and cook for the same time.
More of our Favorite Keto Meatball Recipes
Crockpot Keto BBQ Meatballs Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you tried this recipe and loved it, please rate it!
BBQ Keto Crockpot Meatballs
- 2 lbs Frozen Meatballs
- 6 oz Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup Water as needed
- 3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons erythritol can use brown sugar if not making low-carb
- 1/2 Tablespoon coconut aminos can use soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients except meatballs to slow cooker and stir until well combined.
- Add in the meatballs and toss to coat in sauce.
- Place lid on crockpot and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Stir before serving; keep on warm setting.
Pin our Low Carb BBQ Meatballs on Pinterest
You might also like: