These Keto Jalapeño Poppers are easy to make and super low in carbs! Zesty jalapeños stuffed with melty cheesy goodness — a guilt free game day or party appetizer!
Low Carb Jalapeño Poppers
Game day is serious business in our house, and if we’re being honest, the most important part of the game is the snacks!
Nothing says game day quite like a plate of jalapeño poppers, and this keto-friendly recipe will keep you in ketosis AND keep the flavor in your snacks.
With just a few simple ingredients, these Keto Jalapeño Poppers are easy to make and done in half an hour, making them the perfect last-minute choice for your next party!
The best part? There’s only 1g net carbs per serving!
Can I Eat Jalapeños on Keto?
Absolutely! If you can handle the heat, jalapeños are a great low carb veggie option, with about 1 carb each. They also contain fiber, which helps lower the net carb count slightly.
I have included nutrition info estimates later in the post, as well as tips for making jalapeños less spicy.
Related: Try our Keto Jalapeño Popper Chicken Breasts too!
Cream Cheese Jalapeño Poppers Ingredients
For your convenience in re-creating this recipe at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- Jalapeño Poppers — sliced in half lengthwise and deseeded
- Cream Cheese — softened, stick with full fat cream cheese (fat is our friend on keto!)
- Garlic — minced
- Smoked Paprika
- Crushed Pork Rinds — optional, but they give the poppers a little bit of crunch
- Shredded Cheese — we used a mix of cheddar and Parmesan cheeses
Kitchen Tools Used:
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
How to Make Jalapeño Peppers Less Hot
A simple way to instantly take some of the heat out of jalapeños is by removing the seeds. After cutting the jalapeños in half, use a small spoon to scoop out the seeds.
If you have a little extra time, you can also soak the deseeded jalapeños in a bowl of water or clear soda for 30-60 minutes. This helps neutralize some of the oils in the peppers and makes them less spicy. This is what we usually do when we buy jalapeños that are a little too hot!
TIP: Wear disposable gloves when handling jalapeños to keep the hot oils off hands, as they can be irritating to skin. If not using gloves, wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after touching the peppers.
How to Make Keto Jalapeño Poppers
Preheat oven to 400F° and prep a baking sheet with foil or a non-stick silicone baking mat.
While oven heats, slice the peppers in half lengthwise and de-seed (if you want to bring down the spiciness a bit).
In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with electric mixer until smooth. Add the garlic, paprika, and pork rinds (if using).
Scoop the cream cheese mixture into the sliced jalapeños so that they’re full (but not completely overflowing).
Top with shredded cheese.
TIP: I recommend buying whole blocks or real cheese and shredding yourself. Pre-shredded packaged cheese often has added starches and stabilizers. If you’re doing “dirty keto” this isn’t as big a deal, but if your keeping it clean, you want to avoid as many additives as possible.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until cheese on top is melted.
More of our most popular keto appetizer recipes:
- Keto Greek Eggplant Dip
- Keto Buffalo Wings
- Low Carb Cheese Chips
- Copycat PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps
- Keto Lemon Pepper Wings
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Dip
- BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken Wings
- Keto Stuffed Artichokes
Keto Jalapeño Poppers Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you tried this recipe and loved it, please rate it!
Keto Jalapeño Poppers
- 10 Jalapenos sliced in half lengthwise and deseeded if desired
- 4 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 cup Crushed Pork Rinds optional for texture
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese we used a combination of cheddar and Parmesan cheeses
- Preheat oven to 400F° and line a cookie sheet with foil or silicone baking mat.
- Slice jalapeño peppers in half and place on prepared baking sheet
- In a medium mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add garlic, paprika, and pork rinds and mix until combined.
- Scoop cream cheese mixture into halved peppers and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until cheese on top is melted.
Pin our Cream Cheese Jalapeño Poppers on Pinterest
You might also like: