This decadent Keto Chocolate Chaffle Recipe satisfies both chocolate and comfort food cravings at once! You’ll never believe this easy keto breakfast has only 3 grams net carbs!
Keto Chocolate Chaffles
Just because you’re on a low carb diet doesn’t mean your only breakfast option is eggs every day! I love eggs and all, but you gotta mix it up sometimes!
These Keto Chocolate Chaffles are absolutely amazing and the answer to low carb breakfast boredom!
They’re rich, filling, and soooo chocolate-y!
And the best part is that they only take 10-15 minutes to make! That’s about the same time as it takes me to whip up some scrambled eggs!
Chocolate chaffle FTW!!
What is a Chaffle?
Cheese + Waffle = Chaffle
A chaffle is a low carb waffle with cheese as the base ingredient (as opposed to flour in a regular waffle recipe). Chaffles are low in carbs, high in fat and protein, and super satisfying — it’s no wonder they’ve become so popular!
To make keto chaffles, you use a waffle maker or waffle iron, just like you would any other waffle.
Related: For another one of our other favorite chocolate Keto recipes, try our Melt-in-Your-Mouth Keto Chocolate Cookies!
For your convenience in re-creating our Keto Chocolate Chaffle Recipe, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of stevia extract powder
- Waffle maker (this one makes two Belgian style waffles at once!)
- Mixing bowls
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- What is Keto?
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
- 8 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight on Keto
How to Make Chocolate Chaffle Keto Breakfast
Preheat your waffle maker and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
Combine the egg, cocoa powder, and stevia in a medium mixing bowl and whisk together. Add cheese and continue whisking until well incorporated. It’s ok if the cheese looks a little odd – it will melt during cooking.
Pour the batter into waffle maker and cook until done. The exact time will vary depending on your waffle maker, so keep an eye on your chocolate chaffle as it cooks.
When done, remove the chaffle from waffle maker and allow to rest for 3 minutes so it will firm up a bit.
Serve your chocolate chaffle warm with your favorite toppings. (This is a good keto option)
Keto Chocolate Chaffle Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you love this recipe, please rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Keto Chocolate Chaffle Recipe
- Waffle Maker
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Egg large
- 1 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Pinch Stevia Extract powder
- Preheat your waffle maker and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the egg, cocoa powder, and stevia in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add cheese and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the chaffle batter in the waffle maker and cook until ready - the exact time will vary depending on your waffle maker.
- When done cooking, allow to cool for 3 minutes - the chaffle will firm up.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings.
Pin our Keto Chocolate Chaffle Recipe on Pinterest: