Love Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs? Sad that you can’t eat them on the keto diet? Don’t be!! We created a spot-on sugar free Reese’s eggs copycat recipe that are downright amazing!! Even better, each one of these decadent Keto Peanut Butter Eggs is only 4g net carbs!
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
I’ve always loved Easter weekend…and I can’t lie…part of it is because there is candy involved!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs are my all-time favorite Easter candy, but they’re definitely a no-no if you’re on the keto diet.
Well, I’m just not ok with that!
So I created my OWN version that’s actually sugar free and keto-friendly! These keto chocolate peanut butter Easter eggs are pretty easy to whip up with just a few simple ingredients!
And with only 4g net carbs per egg, you can totally treat yourself without worrying about the sugar that’s usually in Easter candy!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- A delicious copycat of Reese’s peanut butter eggs, without all the sugar!
- Easy recipe ready in about 30 minutes!
- Only 4g net carbs per egg!
What You Need to Make Keto Peanut Butter Eggs
For your convenience in re-creating this recipe, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- Cookie sheet — Use a non-stick cookie sheet or line with parchment paper or silicone baking mat for easy release.
- Electric mixer — You can also use a stand mixer
- Egg Shaped Cookie Cutter — Feel free to use any size cookie cutter! Keep in mind that the size of your eggs will affect the nutrition content. Our cookie cutter was about 2 1/2 -3″ size.
- Swerve Confectioner’s Sugar — We use Swerve, which is an erythritol-based sweetener, because they have a powdered sugar variety that is the perfect texture for our fluffy peanut butter filling.
- Natural peanut butter — Some peanut butters that are labeled “natural” still contain added sugar, so always check the labels!
- Butter — Be sure to use unsalted butter!
- Unsweetened almond milk — You’ll likely only need a little bit of liquid, just enough to keep the dough from crumbling.
- Sugar-free chocolate chips — Feel free to use your favorite sugar free baking or melting chocolate here.
- Coconut oil — Helps the chocolate chips melt more smoothly.
The above is a quick glance at the ingredients and tools needed to make our low carb peanut butter eggs. Full ingredient amounts are available in the printable recipe at the bottom of the post.
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- What is Keto?
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
- 8 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight on Keto
How to Make Sugar Free Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
This is such an easy recipe! Simply mix the filling ingredients until you have a dough-like consistency. You can add almond milk, if needed, to soften the dough and make it less crumbly.
We used an Easter egg cookie cutter to get perfectly shaped eggs, but you can also form the dough by hand.
After coating the eggs in melted chocolate, you can speed up the setting process by placing the eggs in the fridge or freezer.
Can You Eat Peanut Butter on Keto?
There are differing opinions about whether or not you can eat peanut butter while on the keto diet. Since there is peanut butter (lots of it!) in this recipe, you can probably guess my stance on the matter!
However, if you’re curious about the science behind it, I’ve done a lot of research and I break it all down in this post.
How to Store Homemade Peanut Butter Eggs
Because we made these eggs ourselves, without any preservatives, stabilizers, or anything else – the eggs will be softer at room temperature. Though they’re totally fine to keep in a container on the counter!
My husband always keeps candy in the fridge – that works great for these homemade Reese’s eggs! They’re cool and refreshing and hold their shape well, yet melt in your mouth when it’s time to eat them! Perfect!
More of our favorite keto peanut butter treats:
- Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- Keto Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Fat Bombs
- Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Keto Waffles
Keto Peanut Butter Easter Eggs Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Keto Peanut Butter Eggs
- Stand mixer
- Cookie Sheet
- Egg shaped cookie cutter
- 3 cups erythritol powdered sugar variety
- 1 1/2 cups natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- Unsweetened almond milk as needed
- 1 bag sugar free chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
To Make the Filling
- Add peanut butter, powdered erythritol, and melted butter to large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on low speed until dough forms.
- If needed, add unsweetened almond milk (1 Tablespoon at a time) to make sure the batter is smooth and stays together without crumbling.
- Roll out dough to 1/2 inch thick and use an egg shaped cookie cutter to make eggs.
- Place peanut butter eggs on a cookie sheet and chill in freezer for 30 minutes.
To Make the Coating
- Heat sugar free chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl in 20 second increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Dip each egg in melted chocolate and place on lined cookie sheet to set.
Pin our Healthy Peanut Butter Eggs on Pinterest:
You might also like: