You won’t believe how amazing these keto donut holes taste! Rich, cake-style low carb donuts topped with a sweet caramel glaze – you won’t believe they’re keto-friendly!
Caramel Coated Keto Donut Holes
Donuts are a BIG deal in our house! We have a couple favorite places in town that we always stop by when we’re in the neighborhood.
However, donuts are definitely NOT low carb…until now!
Growing up I loved “Tim Bits” from Tim Hortons, and these keto donut holes remind me of them! Most of the donut shops here in Texas make donut holes with yeast dough, but I’m partial to cake-style donut holes just like my favorite Tim Bits!
These caramel coated keto donut holes are pretty much the best thing ever! They’re a spot on copycat of my favorite donut treat with only 3 net carbs each!
The only “bad” thing about them is that it’s hard to eat just one!
Related: For another one of our favorite treats, try our Keto Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Fat Bombs too!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- Delicious cake donut texture
- Easy recipe with simple ingredients
- Only 3g net carbs each
For your convenience in re-creating our keto donut balls, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- Non-slip mixing bowls
- Cookie sheet
- Silicone baking mat
- Unsalted butter
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Baking powder
- Monk fruit sweetener (granulated)*
- Almond butter
*We love Lakanto brand monk fruit sweeteners — if you shop through my link and use code “SOCCERMOM” you can save 15% every time you purchase!
The above is a quick glance at the ingredients and tools needed to make our low carb donut bites. Full ingredient amounts are available in the printable recipe at the bottom of the post.
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- What is Keto?
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
- 8 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight on Keto
How to Make Keto Donut Holes
Preheat oven to 375°F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick silicone baking mat. Set aside.
Combine water and butter in a medium saucepan and bring to boil. Remove from heat and allow to rest for about 3 minutes.
Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Add water/butter and egg to dry ingredients and stir until combined. The batter will take on a dough-like consistency.
Form dough into balls about 2″ in diameter and place on your baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes or until donut balls start to turn golden on the outside. Remove from the oven allow to cool while you prepare the caramel topping.
To make the topping, whisk together monkfruit and cinnamon in one bowl and almond butter and softened butter in another. Add dry ingredients to wet and continue stirring until well combined.
Roll donut holes in the caramel dip, covering the entire surface. Allow to dry.
Place back on cookie sheet and allow to dry.
To Store Your Keto Donut Holes: Keep in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
Free Printable Copy of Our Keto Donut Hole Recipe
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Caramel Glazed Keto Donut Holes
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 Tablespoons monkfruit
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup natural almond butter
- 3 Tablespoons butter unsalted, softened
- 2 Tablespoons monkfruit
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Donut Holes Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Combine water and butter in a medium saucepan and bring to boil. Remove from heat and let it rest for 3 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, monkfruit, and baking powder to a medium bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add water/butter and egg to dry ingredients and stir until combined. The batter will start to form a dough that's soft, but firm.
- Wet your hands with water or oil and make small balls of dough, about 2 inches in diameter.
- Place donut holes on your prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until they just start to turn golden on the outside.
- Remove from the oven allow to cool while you prepare the caramel topping.
Caramel Topping Instructions
- Whisk together monkfruit and cinnamon, set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the almond butter and softened butter until smooth and completely homogeneous. Add contents of dry mix bowl, stir until well combined.
- Roll donut holes in the caramel dip, covering the entire surface. Allow to dry.
Net Carbs: 3g
Pin our Low Carb Donut Holes on Pinterest