Cool in both looks and temperature, these Keto Ice Cream Bites are a great bite-size dessert that’s still keto-friendly!
Keto Ice Cream Bites
Missing ice cream??
Miss it no more!!
These keto ice cream bites are cool and chocolately…and low in net carbs!
Plus, they’re super easy to whip up — you only need two ingredients!
First, we took our favorite creamy low carb ice cream and molded it into cute bite-size cubes. Then we dunked them in rich sugar free chocolate.
The result is out of this world delicious!! It’s totally satisfying for those chocolate craving or if you just really want a little ice cream in your life…but not the carbs that usually come with frozen treats.
This is the perfect dessert to enjoy on a hot summer day — no spoon needed!
Love Chocolate? Try our Keto Nutella Milkshake too!
Will Keto Ice Cream Kick You Out of Ketosis?
Like any keto dessert, I recommend enjoying in moderation. Because these sugar free ice cream bites are already portion controlled, it’s easy to do so!
The keto diet is primarily focused on overall carb intake and keeping that number below a certain threshold every day. Most regular ice creams would eat up a big chunk of your carb intake, leaving little room for anything else. However, keto ice creams are usually very low in net carbs, so can be accommodated without issue.
If you look at the labels on keto ice creams, you’ll see that many of them have over 10g total carbs per serving. However, net carbs (which is what many keto dieters look for) is another story. Keto ice creams often contain a fair amount of fiber and are sweetened with sugar alcohol, which can both be subtracted from the total carb count.
The only exception I can think of to eating keto ice cream is by those who follow a strict “clean keto” diet, which avoids processed/packaged foods. Otherwise, you should be good to go!
Why I Love this Recipe
- You only need 2 ingredients!
- Satisfies ice cream cravings in a handy bite-size portion.
- Only 4g net carbs in each decadent ice cream square!
For your convenience in re-creating this recipe, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
Keto Ice Cream Bites Ingredients
All you need are two simple ingredients!
- Low carb ice cream — Your favorite flavor; as long as it is keto-friendly!
- Sugar-free chocolate chips — We love Lilly’s dark chocolate chips because the taste is spot-on, they’re meltable and they are stevia sweetened.
Kitchen Tools Used
- Silicone Ice Cube Molds — These are what we used and is pictured; they work perfectly and the ice cream squares pop out easily!
- Baking Tray with non-stick silcone baking mats
- Microwave safe mixing bowls
How to Make Keto Ice Cream Bites
- Allow your ice cream to sit on the counter for 20-30 minutes so that it softens. You’ll need to to be easy to scoop and mold.
- Once ice cream is pretty melty, scoop and press into your mold. For easy handling, I place my mold on top of a small baking sheet, then place the whole thing in the freezer.
- When your ice cream squares have hardened, prep the chocolate chips by melting in a microwave-safe bowl or double boiler. If microwaving, heat in 20 second increments, stirring in between, until smooth.
- Working quickly, dip each frozen ice cream cube into the melted chocolate, turning until fully coated, then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
Once all the ice cream cubes have been coated in chocolate, place the baking sheet into the freezer to chill.
When the chocolate has fully set, you can enjoy or transfer to a freezer storage container.
Keto Ice Cream Bites Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you tried this recipe and loved it, please rate it!
2 Ingredient Keto Ice Cream Bites
- 1 1/2 cups low carb ice cream softened
- 4 ounces sugar-free chocolate chips
- Allow ice cream to soften at room temperature until easily scoop-able.
- Scoop ice cream into molds and freeze.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave-safe bowl, heating in 20-30 second increments, stirring between, until smooth.
- Quickly dip ice cream cubes into melted chocolate, then place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. When all ice cream bites are coated in chocolate, place tray in freezer.
- When chocolate is set, they are ready to enjoy, or move to a freezer storage container.
Pin our Keto Ice Cream Bites on Pinterest
You might also like: