You CAN have a healthy home-cooked low carb breakfast every day! This easy Keto Microwave Omelette in a Mug is ready in 2 minutes and is only 3g net carbs!
2 Minute Keto Omelette in a Mug
If you’re like me, mornings can be a rush. Even though work from home, we still have two different school drop-offs at two different times.
It’s no wonder that mornings are a challenge for so many of us! When we’re in a hurry, we’re much more likely to make food choices that we regret later!
That is why I love this 2-minute Veggie Omelet in a Mug. This microwave omelette recipe will make your life super easy! I also love this for when I am just making breakfast for myself, I don’t have to waste food this way.
The ingredients are really simple! No need to go crazy trying to find a million recipes or getting out the frying pan. I have made it easy. Enjoy this Keto Mug Omelette and let me know what you think!
Related: For another one of our favorite Keto breakfast ideas, check out our Keto Carrot Cake Pancakes!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- Easy to customize with your favorite veggies!
- Awesome way to get a full serving of veggies in your day…right away!
- A healthy, hearty home-cooked breakfast ready in minutes.
For your convenience in re-creating our Microwave Omelette in a Mug, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 Tablespoon chopped broccoli
- 2 Tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 2 Tablespoons sliced mushrooms
- 3 Tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- What is Keto?
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
- 8 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight on Keto
How to Make a Microwave Omelette in a Mug
Prepared the inside of your mug with a light coating of non-stick cooking spray.
Pour your eggs and water into the mug, add a dash of salt and pepper to taste, then scramble everything together.
Add 2/3 of your shredded cheese and all your veggies; stir to mix.
TIP: If adding the broccoli raw, we recommend chopping into small pieces. If you have a little extra time, try pre-cooking the broccoli for a couple minutes – or if you prefer a softer texture.
Microwave your mug omelette on high for 2 minutes, or until eggs are cooked through.
Sprinkle your remaining cheese on top and enjoy!
Keto-Friendly Toppings for Your Microwave Omelette
- Tabasco sauce
- Chopped green onion
- Buffalo sauce
- Sugar free ketchup (this one is our favorite!)
- Cayenne pepper
More Keto Recipes You Can Make in a Mug
Free Printable Copy of Our 2 Minute Keto Mug Omelette Recipe
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Keto Microwave Omelette In A Mug - Ready in 2 Minutes!
- 3 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 Tablespoon Broccoli chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Green peppers chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Mushrooms sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Cheddar cheese shredded
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Coat the inside of your mug with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour eggs and water into mug, season with salt and pepper, and whisk with a fork until scrambled.
- Stir in 2 Tablespoons of shredded cheese and all of the veggies you're using.
- Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, or until your eggs are cooked thoroughly.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- We recommend buying a block of real cheese and shredded yourself, as pre-shredded cheese often has additives and extra carbs.
- Prep your veggies at the beginning of the week and keep in the fridge. That way you can grab a handful each morning for your microwave omelette instead of cutting fresh each day. Saves time!
Pin our Keto Omelette In A Mug on Pinterest: