This keto sangria is low in calories and carbs – made with white wine and keto-friendly fruit, it is a great way to enjoy a glass of wine without the guilt!
Sangria is one of my favorite summertime drinks. It’s light and fruity, but with a little kick. Perfect for cooling off on those hot summer days. Think of it like a grown-up fruit punch!
This delicious sangria is made with low carb ingredients, so you can enjoy it anytime, even on a low-carb diet!
What Is Sangria?
Sangria is a wine-based fruit punch that originated in Spain. It can be made with red wine or white wine and also includes chopped fruit, fruit juice, and a sweetener. Some traditional sangria recipes also contain brandy, though we did not use this particular ingredient for our low carb sangria recipe.
Is Sangria Keto-Friendly?
A traditional sangria recipe might contain between 15-20 grams of carbohydrates per serving. It is often sweetened with real sugar or simple syrup, which is definitely a no-go on the keto diet.
The good news is that it is easy to modify the classic sangria recipe to create a low carb version! Here is a quick look at the simple swaps we made to make this recipe with significantly fewer carbs:
- Keto-Friendly Fruit – For our low carb sangria, we used fresh berries for the fruit, which are lower in carbs than other fruits that are often used in sangria, such as apples or peaches.
- Skip the Sugar – We used sugar-free drink flavoring to sweeten our drink. It’s made with a sugar free sweetener.
- Lose the Juice – Regular sangria is usually made with fruit juices, such as orange juice or pineapple juice. Instead, we used sugar-free lemon lime soda. This adds hint of citrus to the drink, dilutes the wine, and adds a bit more sweetness….without all the carbs!
With our keto sangria, you get all the fruity flavor you love in a sangria, with low sugar!
Low Carb Sangria Ingredients:
- 1 Bottle White Wine (750ml)
- 1 (16oz) Bottle Sugar-Free Lemon-Lime Soda (Such as Sprite Zero)
- Strawberry Watermelon MiO, to taste
- 1/2 cup Fresh blackberries
- 1 cup Fresh strawberries, sliced
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- Large pitcher
- Large whisk
- Fill a large drink pitcher with ice and the fresh fruit.
- Pour in the white wine and lemon-lime soda.
- Squeeze in the Mio drink sweetener, to taste.
- Stir gently to mix and enjoy!
Best enjoyed immediately.
Note: This recipe is intended for readers 21+; please enjoy responsibly.
- Want to add a kick to your sangria? You can add vodka or tequila to the mix. I’d recommend about half a cup.
- Other fruits that could be used: fresh blueberries or raspberries, lemon slices or lime slices.
- If you don’t have lemon-lime soda on hand, you can use club soda or seltzer water instead. Alternatively, you could use a sugar-free orange soda.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Best Wine to Use in Sangria?
We used white wine for our sangria recipe. We used sauvignon blanc, but any light white white could work. I’d recommend avoiding sweeter wines, such as moscatto, as they will have higher sugar content. You could also make this into a red wine sangria by using a dry red wine such as pinot noir.
Can You Make Sangria Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can prepare your sangria up to a day ahead of time and keep refrigerated. If making in advance, do not add the ice to the pitcher until you’re ready to serve. You may also want to wait to add the soda, as it will lose some of its fizz overnight in the fridge.
More Keto Drink Recipes
- Keto Iced Coffee
- Keto Vanilla Latte
- Low Carb Hot Chocolate
- Keto Bulletproof Coffee
- Low Carb Strawberry Lemonade
Keto Sangria Recipe (Printable Recipe Card)
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Easy Keto Sangria Recipe
- Large Pitcher
- 750 mL Sauvignon blanc 1 bottle
- 16 oz Sugar Free Lemon Lime Soda such as Sprite Zero
- Strawberry Watermelon MiO to taste
- ½ cup Fresh blackberries
- 1 cup Fresh strawberries sliced
- Add the ice and fruit to a large drink pitcher.
- Pour the wine and soda into the pitcher.
- Squeeze in the Mio to taste.
- Stir gently and enjoy.
Pin our Keto Summer Fruit Sangria Recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like: