Why go out to a restaurant when you can have delicious PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps made at home, any time you want! This spot-on copycat recipe is keto-friendly and ready in only 20 minutes!
Copycat Pei Wei Chicken Lettuce Wraps
One of my husband’s favorite dishes from Pei Wei is the chicken lettuce wraps. If you’re a fan of PF Chang’s then you might recognize them too! That’s because the two restaurants used to be owned by the same company and still have a lot of similar items on their menus.
This is a dish that is brilliant in its simplicity — I have no idea how they get THAT much flavor out of such a short ingredients list!
If you’ve tried either version of these Asian lettuce wraps, then you know what I mean! If you haven’t tried them yet, I promise you will LOVE them! And even better because these are low carb lettuce cups so they’re totally guilt-free!
Are PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps Keto?
Despite the fact that there are no visible carbs, such as rice, PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps are definitely not a low carb dish! That’s because the sauce the meat is cooked in contains hoisin sauce, which is relatively high in sugar. (And there could be added sugar too, but I can’t confirm that).
The good news is that it’s pretty easy to make a keto-friendly version of the famous PF Chang’s lettuce cups with a few simple swaps!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- A spot-on copycat of PF Chang’s famous lettuce wraps and Pei Wei chicken lettuce wraps!
- Only 3g net carbs and no added sugar!
- Ready in just 20 minutes — a one pot meal!
For your convenience in re-creating our keto Asian lettuce wraps at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- Cooking oil — Olive oil, avocado oil, or coconut oil will all work well with this recipe
- Ground chicken — You don’t have to get lean ground chicken…remember, fat is our friend on keto!
- Minced garlic
- Diced onion
- Soy sauce — You can also substitute with Coconut aminos*, which are gluten free!
- Rice wine vinegar
- Freshly grated ginger — If you don’t have fresh ginger you can use ½ teaspoon ground ginger.
- Sriracha — optional, if you like your lettuce cups spicy!
- Green onions — for garnish
- Butter lettuce leaves — for serving
Kitchen Supplies Used:
- Medium or Large skillet (I can’t get over how pretty this turquoise skillet is!)
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- What is Keto?
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
- What are the Best Keto Sweeteners?
How to Make PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps Keto Friendly
One of the great things about this recipe is that it truly is a one-pot meal! All you need is one medium or large sauté pan — you’ll cook everything in this pan! That makes clean up a breeze!
There’s a printable copy of the full ingredients list and recipe directions available at the bottom of the post!
How to Make a Low Carb Version of PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps Sauce
PF Chang’s lettuce wraps sauce is a crave-worthy combination of sweet, salty, and umami — that special “it factor” when it comes to Asian style dishes!
To make our PF Chang’s/Pei Wei lettuce wraps sauce keto friendly, we nixed the Hoisin sauce. Soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, garlic and ginger create that delicious flavor, without all the carbs. It sounds so simple, but it works!
TIP: If you want to mimic the taste of a sweet soy sauce, add a pinch of your favorite keto friendly sweetener during the cooking process. Just a pinch is plenty! We love Lakanto brand Monk fruit sweetener — if you shop through my link and use code “SOCCERMOM” you can save 15% every time you purchase!
We used butter lettuce for our lettuce cups, but you can use any large leaf lettuce that you like!
Keto PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe:
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
PF Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps - Keto Copycat Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion diced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger or ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha optional
- Green onions garnish
- Butter lettuce leaves for serving
- Heat your cooking oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- When pan is hot, add ground chicken and cook until browned (about 3-5 minutes).
- Drain excess grease from pan.
- Add garlic, onion, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and Sriracha (if using) and cook until onions soften (about 4-5 minutes).
- Serve with butter lettuce and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
Pin our Copycat Pei Wei Chicken Lettuce Wraps on Pinterest:
You might also like: