Full of flavor, not carbs, this Keto Jalapeño Popper Chicken is a cheesy delight…with a kick! Only 2g net carbs per serving!
Low Carb Jalapeño Popper Chicken
This jalapeño popper chicken recipe is the perfect meal for anyone who is just starting keto or is looking to stick to a low carb plan.
If you’re at the stage where you’re keeping it to 20 grams of carbs a day, it can be tough to find satisfying, filling meals, that don’t take up your entire daily carb allowance!
This Keto Jalapeño popper chicken is so full of flavor! But it has just 2 grams of net carbs per serving! Yep, an entire chicken breast with a melty, cheesy coating is only two grams of net carbs!
We started with protein-rich chicken breasts and layered them with cheese, bacon, diced jalapeños, and a creamy sauce to create a meal that is both keto-friendly and delicious! If you’re looking for an easy low-carb crowd-pleasing recipe, you’ve got to give this chicken dish a try!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- Super easy!
- Ready in about 30 minutes!
- Only 2g net carbs per serving!
What You Need to Make Jalapeño Popper Chicken
- Chicken Breasts
- Greek Yogurt — You can also use a mixture of half sour cream and half mayonnaise in place of the Greek Yogurt
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- White Pepper
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Bacon — chopped
- Jalapeños — chopped and de-seeded
What Can You Substitute for White Pepper?
If you don’t have white pepper on hand, you can use black pepper. Keep in mind that the black pepper specks will be visible and that black pepper has more “bite” to it.
If using black pepper, I recommend using half the amount to start, tasting, and adjusting to your preference.
Can I Eat Chicken Breast on Keto?
Skinless chicken breast contains 0 carbs, so it definitely works on a keto diet. Since chicken breast is a lean protein, it is helpful to add toppings such as cheese and bacon for fat content. In ketosis, the body burns fat for fuel, so it’s important to consume fats.
Chicken breast is also useful because it is like a blank slate and easy to jazz up with any flavors!
How to Make Jalapeño Popper Chicken Keto
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a casserole dish with non-stick spray and place chicken breasts inside.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt and seasonings. Add the shredded cheese, chopped bacon and diced jalapeños. Stir until well combined.
Pour the Greek yogurt mixture over the chicken breasts and spread so that the tops of the chicken breasts are coated.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 155F.
Now, switch the oven temperature to broil and cook until the tops of the chicken just start to brown slightly. Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to serve.
More Tex-Mex inspired keto recipes:
- Keto Enchilada Casserole
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Keto Taco Pie
- Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Dip
Keto Jalapeño Popper Chicken Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you tried this recipe and loved it, please rate it!
Keto Jalapeño Popper Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon White Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 3 slices Bacon chopped
- 2 Jalapenos chopped (deseeded if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place chicken breasts in casserole dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt and seasonings. Add shredded cheese, chopped bacon and diced jalapeños. Stir until completely combined.
- Pour the Greek yogurt mixture on top of the chicken breasts.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 155F.
- Switch the oven temperature to broil and continue baking until the cheese coating just starts to turn golden brown, then remove from oven.
Pin our Low Carb Jalapeño Popper Chicken on Pinterest:
You might also like: