Ditch the chips and dig into this delicious and filling Keto Taco Pie! All the good stuff and only 4g net carbs per serving! Even better, this is an easy low carb dinner recipe that’s on the table in less than an hour and almost no clean-up!
Low Carb Taco Pie
Taco Tuesdays are a tradition in our house…and they can be for you too with this AMAZING keto taco pie recipe!
Trust me, with all the good stuff inside, you won’t even miss the tortillas! Promise!
But I think the best part about this recipe is that it is SO easy to make and doesn’t require a lot of dishes or utensils (read: very little to clean up!)
If you’re looking for an easy keto-friendly weeknight dinner, this is one of our favs! It takes about 10 minutes to prep, which is mostly just browning the meat, and then you just pop it in the oven!
From start to finish it takes under an hour to make this keto taco pie, and most of that time is hands-off! So you can enjoy your keto margarita…wink wink!
For your convenience in re-creating our crustless taco pie recipe at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
Why I Love This Recipe:
- A one-pot meal!
- Only 4g net carbs!
- Perfect for Taco Tuesdays!
What You Need to Make Keto Taco Pie:
- Ground beef — With keto recipes, we usually go for at least 80/20…because fat is our friend!
- Taco seasoning — Feel free to use your favorite keto-approved store bought seasoning or make your own using our recipe below!
- Heavy cream — Or substitute your favorite milk alternative to make this recipe dairy-free!
- Minced garlic
- Shredded cheddar cheese — Or your favorite flavor of cheese! To make it dairy free, you can omit the cheese or use a non-dairy blend.
- Green onions (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
Kitchen Supplies Used:
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
- 8 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight on Keto
How Make Keto Taco Pie
We make our own taco seasoning, as that way we know exactly what’s inside and can be sure that there’s no added sugar.
Here’s what’s in our homemade taco seasoning:
- Chili powder
- Ground black pepper
- Ground cumin
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dried oregano leaves
- Red pepper flakes
- Cayenne pepper (optional, for extra heat)
We’ve included full amounts and instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You’re also welcome to use your favorite store-bought seasoning, just be sure to check the labels so you’ll know that it’s keto-friendly.
- We find it easiest to build everything in a cast iron skillet that can go straight from the stove to the oven. However, if you don’t have an oven-safe skillet, add the browned beef, egg mixture, and cheese to a pie pan and bake your taco pie in that.
- Make it dairy-free by swapping out the heavy cream with your favorite milk alternative.
More Keto-Friendly Taco Toppings:
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce
More Low Carb Mexican Inspired Recipes
Keto Taco Pie Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Keto Taco Pie Recipe
Homemade Taco Seasoning Ingredients
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional, for extra heat
For the Keto Taco Pie:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Green onions sliced, to taste
- Sour Cream to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
To Make Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Combine all taco seasoning ingredients in a bowl and stir.
To Make Keto Taco Pie
- Add ground beef to a 12" cast iron skillet and sauté until just browned.
- Add taco seasoning to beef and stir until combined.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, and garlic in a large mixing bowl, then pour mixture over the ground beef.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese and bake for 35 minutes.
- The taco pie is done when the center is set and cheese is starting to brown around the edges.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Slice and top with sour cream and green onions.
Pin our Crustless Taco Pie Recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like: