With these deliciously crunchy and cheesy Keto Taco Shells, Taco Tuesday is better than ever! Only 5 ingredients and 2 grams net carbs!
Keto Cheese Taco Shells
Living in Texas, Taco Tuesdays are a THING in our house! And there’s no way that keto is going to come between me and my tacos!
So…allow me to introduce these super simple, super amazing, low carb taco shells! They’re made with cheese, not a flour alternative, so they are much lower in carbs than the “keto” taco shells you’ll find at the grocery store.
These keto taco shells are the perfect vehicle for all of your favorite taco fixin’s — they’re sturdy and full of cheesy flavor that pairs perfectly with Mexican food!
Our keto cheese taco shells are very similar to our keto cheese chips, except we used larger portions and there is one extra step of forming the shells.
Skip the store and expensive low carb taco shells! Make your own at home with this easy recipe!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- Amazing flavor that’s perfect for tacos
- Easy to make in large batches
- Ready in 20 minutes
- Only 2g net carbs per taco shell
For your convenience in re-creating our keto tacos recipe at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
The above is a quick glance at the ingredients and tools needed to make low carb taco shells. Full ingredient amounts are available in the printable recipe at the bottom of the post.
Kitchen Tools You May Find Useful
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- What is Keto?
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
How to Make Keto Taco Shells
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and toss so everything is well incorporated.
TIP: When shopping for cheeses, we recommend buying 100% real cheese blocks and shredding yourself. Some pre-packaged shredded cheeses contain fillers and added carbs.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick silicone baking mat and arrange about 1/3 cup of the cheese mixture into a circle about 5 inches in diameter. (You should be able to get about 3 cheese taco shells per cookie sheet).
Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, then remove tray from the oven.
Use a large spatula to remove your cheese discs from the cookie sheet one at a time, immediately placing them into the middle of the the taco holder. Gently push the center of the cheese disc down to form the taco shell.
Repeat these steps until all shells have been baked and formed.
Let the shells cool completely, and then place them on a tray until time to serve.
TIP: You can easily make these ahead for dinner later in the day, though we do recommend enjoying the same day for best results.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Do Cheese Taco Shells Last?
I recommend making these right when you’re ready to eat, or just a little bit beforehand. They are definitely best enjoyed as soon as possible.
You could refrigerate leftovers, but the cheese may harden in the fridge. Reheating them would melt the cheese, meaning they might now keep their shape.
They’re pretty easy to make, so just make as many at a time as you plan on eating.
Is Cheese Keto?
When it comes to keto recipes, cheese is a very common ingredient.
I recommend sticking to full-fat cheese, as fat is what the body uses for fuel while in ketosis. Also, when possible, shredding your own cheese is the way to go. Some packaged shredded cheeses contain additives and starches to prevent them from sticking together. Always check the ingredient list first!
More Tex-Mex Keto Recipes
- Keto Taco Pie
- Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken
- Keto Jalapeño Poppers
- Keto Enchilada Bake
- Cheesy Enchilada Dip
- Keto Baked Churros
Free Printable Copy of Our Low Carb Taco Shells Recipe:
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Keto Taco Shells - only 2g net carbs!
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Baking Sheet
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt coarse ground, with parsley
- Combine ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or non-stick silicone baking mat. Place about 1/3 cup of the cheese mixture on the parchment paper and form into a circle that's about 5 inches in diameter.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, then remove them from the oven.
- Using a large spatula, remove each cheese disc from cookie sheet (one at a time) and immediately place them into the middle of the the taco holder. Gently push the center of the cheese disc down into the taco holder to form a shell.
- Repeat until all shells have been baked and formed.
- Let the shells cool completely before filling with your favorite taco ingredients.
Net Carbs: 2g per taco shell
Pin our Keto Taco Shells on Pinterest:
You might also like: