Flavorful pesto makes these Keto Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes a keeper…comfort food without all the carbs! You won’t even miss the “real” thing!
Pesto Keto Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes”
Mashed potatoes are a staple for holiday dinners, and they are one of the most beloved comfort food side dishes out there. Mashed potatoes also have tons of carbs, so they’re a big no-no on the keto diet.
I’m not a huge cauliflower fan, but if prepared right, it makes an amazing low-carb potato substitute!
We first experimented with “cauliflower potatoes” in this Instant Pot Cauliflower Potato Salad recipe. Then we decided to try our luck with cauliflower mashed potatoes and it was delicious!
The addition of pesto makes this recipe so flavorful, you won’t even miss the “real” thing!
Perfect Pairing: You’ll love these cauliflower mashed potatoes with our Keto Mississippi Pot Roast!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- A side dish that compliments just about anything
- Dairy free
- Ready in less than 30 minutes
For your convenience in re-creating our Keto Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes recipe at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
The above is a quick glance at the ingredients and tools needed to make Pesto Keto Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes. Full ingredient amounts are available in the printable recipe at the bottom of the post.
KETO FAQ – Learn More
Keep reading for photo step-by-step instructions and cooking tips. A full printable recipe follows.
Our Hamilton Beach “Big Mouth” food processor is a workhorse – it’s lasted us for years!
When shopping for pesto, be sure to check the label to make sure that the brand you pick is keto-friendly (no emulsifiers, etc).
Regular dairy milk contains a fair amount of sugar, so almond milk is a more keto-friendly alternative. It’s also perfect for those of you (like me) that need to avoid lactose.
Add your pesto, almond milk, and butter slowly. Taste-test as you go until you’ve got just the right amount of flavor – you might like more or less pesto than we do.
Free Printable Copy of Our Keto Pesto Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes Recipe:
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Pesto Keto Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- 1 head cauliflower chopped
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup pesto check ingredients to ensure it is keto-compliant (no emulsifiers
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Chop up the cauliflower florets and place in the water once boiling, then reduce to medium heat.
- Cook the cauliflower for 15 minutes, until tender.
- Drain cauliflower using a colander, discarding the cooking water, and place the cooked cauliflower in a food processor.
- Puree until cauliflower is as smooth as possible. You can add a touch of milk at this point to help make it creamier.
- Return the mixture to the clean stockpot over medium-low heat and add milk, butter and pesto until you reach your desired taste and texture.
Pin our Pesto Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes recipe on Pinterest: