Ready in half the time of the oven AND keto-friendly, our Brown Sugar Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs are unbelievably tender and delicious!
Brown Sugar Instant Pot Pork Ribs
Baby back ribs used to be my go-to whenever I went out to eat at a restaurant. I’ve tried LOTS of different styles and flavors and I just can’t help but come back for more!
However, making baby back ribs keto is a whole other story! Would they taste as good? Not to mention that it usually takes over two hours to bake them!
My friends, that is why I love the Instant Pot! Did you know that you can cook baby back ribs in the Instant Pot? It takes a fraction of the time it usually takes to bake them, and with our Keto Instant Pot Ribs recipe there is only ONE gram of net carbs per serving! ONE GRAM!!
This is a “mustard BBQ” recipe as opposed to traditional red barbecue sauce. Mustard barbecue is a Carolina classic with mustard, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and other spices. It’s sweet and tangy and totally addicting!
I already love mustard bbq sauce from my childhood vacations in South Carolina, but I love it even more now because it makes Instant pot ribs easy to adapt to the keto diet using a brown sugar substitute like Swerve.
Y’all I’m drooling already! Let’s get cooking!
Related: Love Keto Instant Pot recipes? Check out our Keto Instant Pot Chicken Breasts – Easy and SUPER Juicy!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- Ready in half the time it takes to bake baby back ribs in the oven.
- Less mess than ribs covered in sauce, but with all of the flavor!
- Our keto baby back ribs have only 1 gram of net carbs per serving!
For your convenience in re-creating our Low Carb Instant Pot Ribs, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- Instant Pot
- 3lb pork baby back ribs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Swerve brown sugar substitute
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- What is Keto?
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
- 8 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight on Keto
How to Make Ribs in the Instant Pot
Lay your baby ribs on a clean work space and coat generously with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the brown sugar, paprika, and mustard powder over the ribs and massage into the meat.
Place ribs in Instant Pot – we usually curl them up to fit. Add apple cider vinegar and water.
TIP: If you like a smoky finish, add a teaspoon of liquid smoke to the cooking liquid. This is totally optional! I know liquid smoke is one of those love it or hate it things.
Secure the Instant Pot lid and select the meat setting with a cook time for 45 minutes.
TIP: For an extra crispy coating, you can cook in the Instant Pot for 35 minutes and then set under the broiler of your oven for 2 minutes.
Use the natural release on your Instant Pot to vent the pressure.
More Keto Friendly Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Beef & Broccoli
- Keto Instant Pot Chicken Bone Broth
- Instant Pot Chicken Breasts
- Instant Pot Keto Pork Roast
- Keto Instant Pot Asparagus Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Dip
Free Printable Copy of Our Instant Pot Ribs Recipe:
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs - Keto, Low Carb
- 3 Lbs Pork Ribs
- 1/4 Cup Swerve Brown Sugar Substitute
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Powder
- 1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Salt / Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke optional
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the ribs.
- Rub brown sugar, paprika, and mustard powder into the meat.
- Place ribs in Instant Pot.
- Add apple cider vinegar and water to pot.
- For a smokey finish, add a teaspoon of liquid smoke to the cooking liquid (optional).
- Secure the Instant Pot lid and set for 45 minutes on meat setting.
- Use the natural release on your Instant Pot to vent the pressure.
Pin our Instant Pot Ribs Recipe on Pinterest: