Instant Pot Chicken Breasts are an easy and healthy staple perfect for meal planning! Ready in about 20 minutes and only 1 gram carbs per serving!
Instant Pot Poached Chicken Breast
Chicken breasts are considered one of the easiest things to cook, but they’re actually easy to over-cook!
And once you’ve had dry chicken breast, it can ruin you on it forever!
If you’re like me and don’t exactly get excited about chicken, this Instant Pot poached chicken will change your mind — promise!!
When you poach chicken using the Instant Pot, you end up with the most amazingly tender and juicy chicken breasts ever. You can enjoy them as-is, or shred and use for sandwiches, chicken salad, etc.
Chicken is such a versatile protein, which is why we use it so often. And once you know the right way to cook it, you’ll never have to suffer through dry, tough chicken breasts again!
Try This: Use our Instant Pot Poached Chicken to make this delicious Low Carb Asparagus and Dill Chicken Salad!
What is Poaching?
Poaching is a cooking method that involves simmering in liquid and is a popular way to prepare chicken, fish, eggs, and even fruit.
Why we love poached chicken:
- Cooking in liquid prevents drying-out and results in most, juicy chicken.
- Poaching infuses flavor from the cooking liquid into your food.
Since poaching is a low-fat cooking technique, if you’re doing a keto diet you’ll want to add fats through side dishes, incorporate in a mayo-based chicken salad recipe, etc. This will help ensure that you get all the healthy fats you need.
Why I Love This Recipe:
- Only 1 gram carbs per serving
- Easy and fast – ready in about 20 minutes
- Super moist and tender – no dry chicken here!
For your convenience in re-creating our Instant Pot Chicken Breast recipe at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- Instant Pot
- Chicken breasts
- Chicken broth
- Bay leaves
- Salt & pepper
The above is a quick glance at the ingredients and tools needed to make IP Chicken Breasts. Full ingredient amounts are available in the printable recipe at the bottom of the post.
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
How to Make Chicken Breast in the Instant Pot
We kept our base recipe simple and seasoned our chicken breasts with garlic, salt, and pepper. You can season your chicken as we did, or add any other spices that you like to jazz it up.
You can use either water or chicken both as your cooking liquid. We love chicken broth because it adds even more flavor!
Related: Click here to learn how to make your own chicken bone broth in the Instant Pot.
We recommend using natural release when the chicken is done cooking because there is less chance for splashing. However, if you’re pressed for time, you can use quick release instead.
More Keto Friendly Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
- Keto Instant Pot Chicken Bone Broth
- Instant Pot Keto Beef & Broccoli
- Instant Pot Keto Pork Roast
- Keto Instant Pot Asparagus Soup
Free Printable Copy of Our Instant Pot Poached Chicken Recipe:
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Instant Pot Poached Chicken Breast Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- Salt and pepper as desired
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken breasts in the Instant Pot.
- Crush the garlic using the back of your knife. Add garlic and bay leaves to Instant Pot with chicken.
- Add broth and secure the Instant Pot lid.
- Cook on manual setting for 12 minutes.
- Natural release, if time allows. You can also use quick release if needed.
Net Carbs: 1g per serving, 4 servings in recipe
Pin our Instant Pot Chicken Breasts on Pinterest:
I’ve never made poached chicken before, and this is the best recipe for it! In the past couple weeks, I’ve used it to make chicken enchiladas and then for a pasta recipe, and a chicken salad!! I’m obsessed. It’s so easy, delicious, and perfectly succulent!
So glad that this worked for you! Thanks for letting me know!