This quick and easy Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice tastes just like takeout, but without all the carbs! Fluffy and flavorful, it only takes 10-15 minutes to make!
Cauliflower Fried Rice
Craving takeout? Y’all I am a carb-o-holic! I joke to my husband that I could eat rice everyday. Just because I enjoy a keto lifestyle doesn’t mean that I can’t still enjoy my favorite foods! And you can too!
If you love the taste of fried rice with your takeout, you will love this delicious cauliflower fried rice. It’s a great swap for traditional fried rice, and tastes SO close to the real thing!
Cauliflower has a rep for being bland, but this fried “rice” is anything BUT boring! The cauliflower fluffs up to give you that perfect texture to soak up your favorite low-carb sauces and pair with your favorite Asian-inspired meals.
The really awesome part about this recipe is that if you have leftover cauliflower rice or a bag of frozen cauli rice in the freezer, you can have dinner on the table in 10-15 minutes!
Cauliflower Fried Rice Ingredients
For your convenience in re-creating this recipe at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- Cauliflower Rice — prepared
- Cooking Oil or Fat of choice — we used bacon grease
- Sesame oil — We use a bit of sesame oil for flavor, blended with our cooking oil so that it is not overpowering
- Red Onion — diced
- Chopped vegetables — of your choosing (see tips below for low carb veggie options)
- Eggs — beaten
- Soy Sauce — or Coconut aminos
Kitchen Supplies Used:
- Medium or Large skillet (I can’t get over how pretty this turquoise skillet is!)
What are the Best Vegetables to Use for Low Carb Fried Rice?
Many traditional fried rice recipes use onions, peas, and carrots. We tried to stay true to what is familiar, while keeping the overall carb count as low as possible. Peas and carrots are two of our kids’ favorite veggies, so we usually include them in our fried rice.
However, peas and carrots DO contain a moderate amount of carbs, so if you are on a strict keto diet, say 20-40 grams of carbs per day, you may want to substitute. If you’re on a maintenance diet (up to 100 grams of carbs per day), you can probably enjoy a handful of peas and carrots with no issue.
Here are a few low carb vegetable options that would be great in fried rice:
- Red Bell Peppers
- Green Onions
How to Make Keto Fried Rice
First, you’ll want to have riced cauliflower ready to go. Our cauliflower rice recipe guide shows you how to make it if you’re starting from whole fresh cauliflower. You’ll want to allow 20 minutes for cooking the cauliflower if starting from fresh.
TIP: You can buy pre-cooked cauliflower rice all ready to go in the freezer section if you want to save time. If starting from frozen cauliflower rice, you can have this keto fried rice dish ready to go in about 10-15 minutes!
10 Minute Keto Fried Rice
Once you have your cauliflower rice ready, it’s super quick to transform it into savory fried rice!
Simply heat a skillet with your cooking oil and sesame oil. Once the pan is hot, add the diced red onion and cook for about 3 minutes, or until onion starts to soften. Add the chopped veggies, stir, then add cauliflower rice.
You don’t need to re-cook the rice, but simply to re-heat it. Once rice is hot, stir in the beaten eggs.
Allow the eggs to cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add soy sauce and any garnishes (such as green onion) to taste.
More of our favorite cauliflower recipes:
- Keto Bang Bang Cauliflower
- Low Carb Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Spicy Roasted Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Dirty Rice
- Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
10 Minute Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 4 cups Cauliflower Rice prepared
- 2 Tablespoon Oil or Fat of choice (we used bacon grease - can use olive oil or butter)
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup Red Onion diced
- 1 cups chopped vegetable mix carrots, peas, beans
- 2 eggs beaten
- Soy Sauce to taste
- Green Onions to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil and sesame oil.
- Once hot, add the diced red onion and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable mix, followed by the cauliflower rice.
- Stir well to combine and allow the rice to heat through.
- Once the rice is hot, stir in the eggs until rice is coated in the egg mixture.
- Allow the eggs to cook, about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in soy sauce and green onions, to personal preference. (Taste as you go.)
Pin this Keto Fried Rice recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like: