This Keto Sesame Chicken is a delicious and guilt-free version of a Chinese takeout favorite!
Keto Sesame Chicken
I don’t miss much on the keto diet, but every now and then I get a craving for Chinese takeout! Not gonna lie, I love the sweet and savory coating on Sesame Chicken.
If you do too, then you’ve got to try this low carb sesame chicken recipe! It’s super close to the original, but totally guilt free!
Even better, this keto sesame chicken recipe on takes 20-25 to prepare, so it’s even faster than waiting for delivery! Win-win!
Perfect Pairing: Make it a meal! Try our Keto Sesame Chicken served over our easy cauliflower rice!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- High protein
- Satisfies takeout cravings
- Ready in about 20 minutes!
For your convenience in re-creating our Keto Sesame Chicken recipe at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- Cast iron skillet
- Non-slip mixing bowls
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Xanthan gum
- Minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Coconut aminos*
- Swerve brown sugar substitute
- Ginger paste
- Sesame oil
- Broccoli (optional)
- Sesame seeds
- Green Onion
*Coconut aminos are a magical thing – similar in taste to soy sauce, but with no sugar, about 70% less sodium, and it’s gluten free!
The above is a quick glance at the ingredients and tools needed to make Low Carb Sesame Chicken and Broccoli. Full ingredient amounts are available in the printable recipe at the bottom of the post.
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
Keto Sesame Chicken Prep Tips:
- You can use any type of sauté pan you like, however, we find that a Cast iron skillet gets that perfect sear on the chicken.
- You may need to cook the chicken in two different batches. Do not overcrowd the skillet, or the chicken will not get a good sear.
- If you’d like to make broccoli to accompany your sesame chicken, add to the skillet before you toss in the sauce.
Related: For another guilt-free take-out favorite, try our Instant Pot Keto Beef and Broccoli!
More Keto-Friendly Dinner Inspiration: Click here to see all of our favorite keto meal ideas!
Free Printable Copy of Our Low Carb Sesame Chicken Recipe
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Keto Sesame Chicken
- 1 ½ lbs Boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ tbsp Xanthan gum
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp Swerve brown sugar substitute
- 1 tsp Mirin
- 2 tsp Ginger paste
- 2 tsp Minced garlic
- 2 tsp Sesame oil divided
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces, and coat in salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken pieces into a Ziploc bag, and sprinkle in ½ tbsp of Xanthan gum. Close the bag and shake to coat all the chicken pieces evenly.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tsp of sesame oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken pieces to the heated skillet.
- Let the chicken sit for 3-4 minutes on one side, and then flip to the other side and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through and seared well. The xanthan gum should allow the chicken to get a bit crispy and crunchy on the outside.
- While the chicken is cooking, add the soy sauce, brown sugar substitute, rice cooking wine, ginger paste, minced garlic and 1 tsp of sesame oil to a small bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Pour the sauce over the mixture in the skillet, and cook for another minute or two, stirring to combine.
- Serve with sesame seeds and/or fresh chopped green onions for garnish.
Pin our Keto Sesame Chicken recipe on Pinterest: