Keto Chicken Skin Chips are the perfect alternative to greasy potato chips! Crispy and salty, these chips aren’t actually chips at all! Shhh…we won’t tell if you don’t!
Keto Chicken Skin Chips
Craving the crunch of some potato chips? Wishing you could have a salty snack?? Sad because chips are usually a no-no on the keto diet??
Well give our Baked Chicken Skin Chips a try and you’ll forget potato chips even exist!!
Crispy, crunchy, savory — these Keto Chicken Skin Crisps are an awesome low carb snack. There’s only 1 gram of carbs per serving!
Ready in under 20 minutes, you can have a satisfying snack ready quickly! They’re perfect for dipping too!
Try them with One of Our Keto Dip Recipes:
What You Need to Make Chicken Skin Chips
You only need 2 simple ingredients to make this easy low carb snack!
- Chicken Skins — We were able to fit about 9 – 12 on a pan
- Seasoning Salt — Or your favorite low carb seasoning. Try our Copycat KFC seasoning too!
Kitchen Tools Used
For your convenience in re-creating this recipe, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
How to Make Baked Chicken Skin Chips
Preheat oven to 350°F and prep a baking sheet by lining with foil and topping with a wire baking rack. Spray the rack thoroughly with non-stick cooking spray to prevent skins from sticking.
Place each chicken skin flat on the baking rack, leaving a little space between each skin. You don’t want them overlapping or they may not cook all the way.
Sprinkle with seasoning salt or our KFC seasoning mix.
Pop the baking tray in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. The chips are done when the chicken skins have shrunk to about half of their original size and are crispy when tapped.
Allow to cool slightly before serving, though best enjoyed a bit warm.
We were able to fit anywhere from 9-12 skins on our baking sheet at a time.
How to Make Sure Your Baked Chicken Chips are Extra Crispy
There’s nothing worse than soggy chicken skin, so check out these tips to make sure that your chips turn out perfectly crispy every single time:
- Pat dry chicken skins with a paper towel before baking — removing excess moisture helps prevent the skins from getting soggy while cooking.
- Do the “tap” check before taking them out of the oven — Grab a fork and give the skins a gentle tap; if they’re a bit hard to the touch, they’re done! Still soft? Bake an extra minute or two (keeping a close eye on them).
Is Eating Chicken Skin Bad for You?
Chicken skin is high in fat, so it has a bit of a bad reputation. However, fat is our friend on keto, because that is what the body burns for fuel while in a state of ketosis. You need fat on a keto diet.
Even better, most of the fat in chicken skin is unsaturated — what is considered to be “good fat.” According to the Harvard School of Public Health, unsaturated fats may help lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
The one thing I will recommend is to enjoy chicken skins in moderation. Unlike potato chips where a serving size is often 10 or more, this recipe has a serving size of 4 crisps. Chicken skin has a high fat/oil content, which can cause things to “get moving” in the digestive track, when consumed in large amounts.
More of our favorite keto snack recipes:
- Keto Mocha Fat Bombs
- Crispy Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Keto Churro Fat Bombs
- Caramel Glazed Keto Donut Holes
Keto Chicken Skin Chips Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you tried this recipe and loved it, please rate it!
Baked Keto Chicken Skin Chips
- 12 Chicken Skins
- 1 Tablespoon Seasoning Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place an oven-safe rack on top. Generously coat the rack with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lay the chicken skins on top of the baking rack, leaving space between them. Sprinkle with seasoning salt.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes, until chicken skins have shrunk to about half of their original size and are crispy to the touch.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Pin our Keto Chicken Skin Chips on Pinterest:
You might also like: