Missing rice while on the keto diet? Cauliflower rice is one of the most satisfying low carb side dishes and it’s surprisingly easy to make!
How to Make Cauliflower Rice
For your convenience in re-creating our cauliflower rice recipe at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
Rice is one of the foods that I could eat every day – I love rice! It’s one of the foods that I miss most while on the keto diet.
Thank goodness for cauliflower rice!
Cauliflower rice actually soaks up the flavor of dishes more than regular rice, so it is the perfect pairing for just about any type of meal.
Related: For another unique way to prepare cauliflower, try our Spicy Roasted Cauliflower recipe!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- Ready in about 20 minutes
- Pairs well with just about any dish
- Satisfying texture just like real rice
The above is a quick glance at the ingredients and tools needed to make cauliflower rice. Full ingredient amounts are available in the printable recipe at the bottom of the post.
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- It’s most cost-effective to buy a head of cauliflower and chop yourself. However, if you’re short on time, many grocery stores have pre-chopped cauliflower rice in the freezer section. If this is what you’re using, you can skip right to the cooking step.
- Make cauliflower fried rice by adding a couple Tablespoons of coconut aminos, scrambled egg, and chopped veggies.
- Click here to learn how to make your own chicken bone broth in the Instant Pot! It’s cheaper than buying at the store and takes less than an hour!
- Perfect Pairing: Try cauliflower rice with our keto meatball marinara!
Free Printable Copy of Our Cauliflower Rice Recipe:
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Easy Cauliflower Rice
- 2 cups cauliflower chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken bone broth
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- Chop 1 medium head of cauliflower into chunks that will fit in a food processor. Pulse until you have small "pearls" that resemble rice (about 10 pulses).
- Add 2 Tablespoons of coconut to a sauté pan over medium heat.
- When pan is hot add cauliflower and stir to coat in oil. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes until cauliflower starts to brown.
- Add 1 and 1/2 cup chicken bone broth and stir. Cook uncovered until liquid reduces.
- Stir to fluff and season as desired.
Pin our Easy Cauliflower Rice Recipe on Pinterest: