Everything is better with bacon, right?! BBQ Bacon Wrapped Keto Chicken Wings are packed with protein and flavor! The ultimate keto appetizer recipe!
Keto Chicken Wings
One of the best things about the keto diet (in my humble opinion) is the fact that you can eat as much bacon as you want!
My husband is a BIG bacon fan, and that was one of the selling point for him in starting the keto diet.
He’s also a HUGE fan of chicken wings, so it was about time to try a keto chicken wings recipe.
So why not put the two together and make the ultimate keto appetizer for meat-lovers?? And with that, bacon wrapped keto chicken wings were born!
Perfect Pairing: Make it a meal! Try our Bacon Wrapped Keto Chicken Wings served over our easy cauliflower rice!
Can You Eat Chicken Wings on Keto?
You can eat chicken wings on keto because the meat itself contains no carbs. Plus, the skin adds fat that you need on a keto diet.
The big watch-out with chicken wings on keto is added sauces and coatings. Some restaurants bread their wings or coat in flour before frying and pre-made sauces often contain sugar.
However, you can make chicken wings keto quite easily by cooking your own at home – with no breading and sugar free barbecue sauce. Guilt-free…but they sure don’t taste like “diet” food!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- High protein
- Can be an appetizer or a meal
- Everything tastes better with bacon!
For your convenience in re-creating our Keto Chicken Wings recipe at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- Baking sheet
- Silicone baking mat
- Non-slip mixing bowls
- Silicone basting brush
- Bone-in chicken wings
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Sugar-free BBQ sauce
- Coconut aminos*
- Minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
*Coconut aminos are a magical thing – similar in taste to soy sauce, but with no sugar, about 70% less sodium, and it’s gluten free!
The above is a quick glance at the ingredients and tools needed to make Bacon Wrapped Keto Chicken Wings. Full ingredient amounts are available in the printable recipe at the bottom of the post.
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
BBQ Keto Chicken Wings Prep Tips:
- If using frozen chicken wings, be sure to defrost in advance so they’ll be ready to go when you want to make your keto chicken wings. We also recommend patting them dry so there is not excess moisture.
- Some brands of bacon are cured in sugar, so be sure to check the ingredients. If you have trouble finding bacon without sugar, consider that there is likely less than 1 gram per serving (again, check the ingredients to be sure).
- Most commercial barbecue sauces contain a lot of sugar, so be sure to look for one that is specifically labeled “sugar free,” or make your own with a recipe like this one. If you want to make chicken wings keto, a delicious low carb sauce is key!
Related: Click here to see all of our favorite keto meal ideas!
Free Printable Copy of Our BBQ Bacon Wrapped Keto Chicken Wings
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
BBQ Bacon Wrapped Keto Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds Chicken wings bone-in
- 1 pound Bacon
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup Sugar free BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp Coconut aminos
- 2 tsp Minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and prepare a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss chicken wings with olive oil, paprika, and garlic powder. Add salt and pepper to preference.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the sugar free BBQ sauce, minced garlic and coconut aminos. Stir to combine and set aside for later use.
- Cut the bacon slices in half.
- Wrap one half of a slice of bacon around each of the seasoned chicken wings, and place onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes on one side, remove from the oven, flip over, and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes on the other side.
- Remove the cooked wings from the oven, and change the oven temperature to broil.
- Brush a generous coating of the barbecue sauce mixture onto each chicken wing and return the tray to the oven.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes until the sauce has caramelized on the wings.
- Remove and serve immediately with your favorite keto sides or dipping sauces.
Net Carbs: 5g per serving
Pin our Keto Chicken Wings recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like:
Crispy Keto Lemon Pepper Wings
I tried this last night and it was a hit! My family so loves it! Thanks a lot for sharing!