Bar food with a keto twist, these Zucchini Sliders make the perfect bite sized meal! An easy and hearty low carb appetizer recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes or less…and 0g net carbs!
Zero Carb Zucchini Sliders
Sliders are an easy and fun appetizer for any party, or you could even have a few as a meal! These Zucchini Sliders are a fun new take on the classic bar food, making them a far healthier and keto-friendly option. They’re an awesome way to get some extra veggies in, and keep those carbs out!
In fact, this recipe has ZERO grams of net carbs! (And only 1g total carbs per slider, if you don’t go by net carbs).
How did we do it? By swapping the buns with zucchini slices!!
Hear me out…
This zucchini is seasoned and perfectly seared so that it is crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. It’s so flavorful that you won’t miss the bread…promise!
These keto sliders are easy to make and are sure to be a hit as a game day appetizer or even a quick weeknight dinner! You can’t go wrong here!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- Ready in 30 minutes or less
- Hearty and satisfying
- Perfect game day or party appetizer
- Only 1g total carbs and 0g net carbs!
For your convenience in re-creating this recipe at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- 1 Large Zucchini (at least 1 1/2 inches in width is ideal)
- Salt & pepper
- Ground Beef
- Garlic powder
- Smoked paprika
- Dried Thyme
- Cheddar cheese slices (cut to fit your sliders)
- Coconut oil — Or your favorite cooking oil
Kitchen Tools Used
- Mixing Bowl
- Sauté pan
How to Make Keto Sliders with Zucchini
First, prep your ingredients.
Cut zucchini into slices no more than 1/2″ thick, leaving the skin on. Sprinkle with salt and set aside for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, knead together the ground beef, salt, pepper, and spices. Divide the meat into 6 equal portions and shape into patties that will be about the same width as your zucchini slices.
To Cook the Sliders
- Add a Tablespoon of coconut oil (or cooking oil of your choice) to a large skillet. Place the patties in the pan, so they are not touching. Cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Place cheese slices on top of the patties and cook just until the cheese melts. Remove the patties from the pan.
- Place zucchini slices in skillet with another Tablespoon of coconut oil. Cook on both sides until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Layer on a plate: zucchini, burger, any “fixins” you like, zucchini
How to Store
While you can absolutely make all the burger patties at once and save some for later, I recommend cooking the zucchini only when you’re ready to eat. That way it will still have a bit of crunch to it, instead of getting soggy in the fridge.
Any leftover burgers can be kept in a zip-top bag or food storage container in the refrigerator. They should stay good for 3-5 days.
To reheat, you can cook in the microwave, toaster oven, or warm on a skillet.
More Easy Keto Appetizer Recipes
- Keto Crack Dip
- Slow Cooker Keto BBQ Meatballs
- Keto Cheese Chips
- Low Carb Buffalo Wings
- Copycat PF Changs Lettuce Wraps
- Keto Lemon Pepper Wings
- Keto Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Dip
Zucchini Sliders Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you tried this recipe and loved it, please rate it!
Keto Zucchini Sliders
- 1 large Zucchini sliced
- Salt as desired
- Black pepper as desired
- 2/3 lb Ground beef
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon Thyme
- 6 slices Cheddar about 1-2" wide
- 2 TB Coconut oil for cooking
- Cut zucchini into slices, no more than 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle with salt and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Mix the ground beef with salt, pepper, and spices. Divide into 6 equal portions and shape into patties, about the same width as the zucchini slices.
- Add 1 TB coconut oil to a large sauté pan and cook the patties for 2 minutes on each side, until your desired doneness.
- Place cheese slices on top and cook just until cheese melts. Remove burgers from pan.
- Place another Tablespoon of cooking oil in pan. Place zucchini slices in pan and cook until browned on each side.
- Layer sliders: zucchini slice, cheeseburger, zucchini slice.
Pin this Low Carb Sliders recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like: