Crisp lettuce, savory bacon, and creamy homemade blue cheese dressing make this Keto Wedge Salad a restaurant worthy dish. Even better, it’s low carb and easy to make at home!
Healthy Wedge Salad Recipe
While most people head to a steakhouse for the steak, one of my favorite things to get is the wedge salad. There is something so delicious yet fancy about eating a wedge salad. And I’m not even a “salad person!”
Ok, I lied…I do always get a steak! BUT I love to start my meal with a crisp wedge of iceberg lettuce topped with creamy blue cheese dressing and bacon. Mmmm…bacon…
I don’t know why I never tried to make one at home before, because recreating this classic iceberg wedge at home is actually quick and easy! Dressing too!
Did I mention that it’s naturally keto friendly?? You don’t need to buy any special ingredients — I’ll show you how to make homemade blue cheese dressing with simple, real food ingredients.
I promise, it will rival anything you’d get at a restaurant! And way cheaper to make at home too!
Wedge Salad Ingredients
- Iceberg lettuce — One head of lettuce will make 4 individual wedge salads
- Bacon — We used one slice of bacon per salad
- Blue Cheese Dressing — We’ve included a recipe for our homemade blue cheese dressing
- Green onions — optional garnish
Blue Cheese Dressing Ingredients
- Mayonnaise — Stick with full fat (light salad dressing contains more additives and sometimes sugars)
- Sour cream — Again, full fat
- Salt & pepper
- Garlic powder
- Apple cider vinegar
- Blue cheese crumbles
How to Make a Keto Wedge Salad
Combine dressing ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust if needed by adding more salt, pepper, etc.
You want to stir until all ingredients are fully incorporated and the dressing is smooth, except for the blue cheese crumbles.
Cut the iceberg head into quarters, lengthwise.
Place one wedge on a plate and spoon 2-4 Tablespoons of dressing on top of each.
Finish with chopped bacon, green onions, and more blue cheese crumbles.
Best enjoyed immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Bleu Cheese Dressing Keto?
Good news! Traditional bleu cheese dressing is keto friendly, without any major adjustments. Our dressing recipe contains about 1g net carbs per serving.
Believe it or not, it is the iceberg lettuce that adds most of the carbs in this salad recipe! However, the overall carb count is still quite low, with only 4g net carbs per serving.
Can You Use Store Bought Dressing?
Most store bought bleu cheese dressings will be low carb, so you could always use your favorite brand to save time. As always, when buying dressings, condiments, or packaged food — you want to check the label for added sugars or starches.
We decided to make our own bleu cheese dressing because it’s pretty easy and you know exactly what is in it.
This is especially good if you’re practicing “clean keto,” where the focus is on nutritious, real food ingredients. On the flip side, “dirty keto” is less strict about ingredients. As long as they are low in carbs, dirty keto allows you to enjoy time-saving packaged foods.
There’s no right or wrong, it’s all about what works for you and your goals.
How Do You Store the Extra Dressing?
So you have a bit of dressing leftover – or – you decided to make a double batch so you definitely have some for later. Transfer extra dressing to a food storage container or jar with an airtight lid. Keep refrigerated. Best used within 1-2 weeks.
More of our favorite Keto Salad Recipes
- Keto Asian Chicken Salad
- Cucumber Avocado & Pomegranate Salad
- Keto Chicken BLT Salad with Warm Mustard Vinaigrette
- Keto Egg Salad Wraps
- Warm Keto Asian Noodle Salad
- Keto Broccoli Salad
Keto Wedge Salad Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you tried this recipe and loved it, please rate it!
Keto Wedge Salad
- 1 head iceberg lettuce quartered
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- Green onions optional garnish
- Blue cheese dressing (from recipe)
Blue Cheese Dressing:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 oz blue cheese crumbles
- Combine dressing ingredients in a large bowl and mix together until smooth.
- Cut the iceberg into 4 quarters, lengthwise. Place one wedge on each plate.
- Spoon 2-4 Tablespoons of the blue cheese dressing onto each lettuce wedge, as desired.
- Finish with chopped bacon, green onions, and/or blue cheese crumbles.
Pin this Keto Wedge Salad Recipe on Pinterest
You might also like: