You’ve never had Brussels sprouts like these! Our Parmesan Air Fryer Brussels sprouts are crispy, savory, and absolutely delicious! Plus they’re keto-friendly!
Keto Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
Growing up, I was NOT a fan of Brussels sprouts. My mom would occasionally boil them, and it made the whole house smell funky!
When I met my husband, he convinced me to give Brussels sprouts another shot.
Oh. My. Gosh.
My husband’s Asian Brussels Sprouts are to die for!! While they’re not super high in carbs, they’re not exactly a keto side dish either.
That’s why I’m so excited about these crispy parmesan Brussels sprouts! They’re SO flavorful and crispy like chips, but have much fewer carbs!
The best part is how easy they are to make! Only 6 simple ingredients!
Related: Try our Cheesy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon too!
Why Use an Air Fryer?
An air fryer circulates hot air around your food, creating a crispy exterior without needing to use oil like a traditional deep fryer.
Not only is it a healthier alternative to frying, an air fryer is easy to use and won’t heat up the kitchen like a regular oven. It’s easy to see why they’ve become so popular!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside
- Only 6 simple ingredients
- Can be a snack or side dish
- Only 3g net carbs!
For your convenience in re-creating this recipe at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- Brussels sprouts
- Coconut oil
- Sliced almonds
- Parmesan cheese
- Everything Bagel seasoning
- Sea salt
Kitchen Supplies Used
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- What is Keto?
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
- 25 Best Keto Food Swaps
How to Make Brussels Sprouts in the Air Fryer
First, pre-cook your Brussels sprouts:
- If using fresh: add to a saucepan with with 2 cups of water, cover and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, remove from heat and drain.
- If using frozen: use a microwave steamer to cook on high for 3 to 4 minutes, let rest for a minute after cooking, drain.
Steaming the brussel sprouts ahead of time will make them a little softer. That way when we air fry them, they will be crispy on the outside, but tender on the inside.
Allow Brussels sprouts to cool enough to handle, then cut each one in half. Toss in a large bowl with oil and seasoning, then add to the Air Fryer and cook for 12-15 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use a Different Seasoning?
If you don’t have Everything Bagel seasoning on hand, you can make your own similar seasoning mix:
- 1 TB black sesame seeds
- 1 TB regular sesame seeds
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Sea salt to taste
If using the store-bought Everything Bagel seasoning mix, keep in mind that it has salt in it already. You may not need to add any additional salt to your sprouts.
If making your own seasoning mix, you will want to include a bit of salt to your taste.
Can I Make This Recipe in a Conventional Oven?
Yes! If you don’t have an air fryer you can still make these crispy parmesan Brussels sprouts in the oven.
Place the sprouts onto a baking sheet and bake until golden at 375°F. Stir occasionally while baking to ensure even cooking.
What Can I Use Instead of Sliced Almonds?
If you have a nut allergy or don’t have almond slivers on hand, try substituting pork rind crumbs instead. They add crunch, but not carbs!
Is Everything Bagel Seasoning Gluten Free?
Yes, Everything Bagel seasoning is gluten free, making this a gluten free recipe. I do still recommend double-checking the labels of all seasonings and packaged ingredients to be certain.
How Do You Reheat the Leftover Brussel Sprouts?
To reheat any leftovers, I recommend crisping them up in the oven. Place on a baking sheet coated with non-stick spray and put the sheet in the oven. Preheat oven to 350°F, with the baking sheet in the oven while it preheats. When the oven has reached temperature, your Brussel sprouts should be warmed through.
While you could microwave brussel sprouts, it is not my top choice because it does not get them crispy again.
More of our favorite Keto Side Dish Recipes
Free Printable Copy of Our Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Recipe:
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts (Keto, Low Carb)
- Air Fryer
- Mixing bowls
- Kitchen knife
- 2 cups Brussel sprouts
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup almonds sliced and crushed
- 2 Tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
- Sea salt to taste
- Add Brussel sprouts to a medium saucepan with 2 cups of water, cover and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain Brussels sprouts and allow to cool, then slice each one in half.
- Toss Brussel sprouts in a large mixing bowl with oil, parmesan cheese, crushed almonds, everything bagel seasoning, and salt.
- If needed, use a wooden spoon to stir and make sure the Brussel sprouts are fully coated in seasoning.
- Transfer the Brussels sprouts to the air fryer, and cook for 12 to 15 minutes at 375 or until golden for both sides.
Net Carbs: 3g per serving
Pin our Low Carb Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like: