Fast-food gone guilt-free! This Keto Big Mac Salad packs all the flavor of your favorite burger, without all the carbs!
Keto Big Mac in a Bowl
A Big Mac sandwich contains about 44 grams of carbohydrates.
While I have to admit that there is just something SO satisfying about that famous fast food treat, the Big Mac is a big no-no on the keto diet.
I don’t know if you’ve seen them, but I’ve noticed some social media posts showing “how to make McDonalds keto.” Except the advice is always the same: “skip the bun.”
Leaving off the bun is a no-brainer when you want to avoid carbs, but that’s not a very satisfying way to eat! That’s why I’m so excited to share this recipe to show you how to make a Big Mac salad keto!
It’s basically all the good stuff from a Big Mac…in a big bowl of deliciousness!
I promise you won’t miss the bun!!
Related: For another low carb version of a fast food classic, try our Keto Copycat KFC Chicken Tenders!
Why I Love This Recipe:
- A hearty meal and only 4 grams net carbs
- Easy and fast – ready in about 20 minutes
- Get your fast food fix…without the guilt!
For your convenience in re-creating our Keto Big Mac Salad recipe at home, we’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and supplies used. Read our disclosure policy here.
- Large skillet (I can’t get over how pretty this turquoise skillet is!)
- Ground beef
- Yellow onion
- Salt & pepper
- Keto-Friendly Thousand Island dressing
- Shredded cheese
- Iceberg lettuce
- Tomato diced
- Dill pickles
The above is a quick glance at the ingredients and tools needed to make our Big Mac salad recipe. Full ingredient amounts are available in the printable recipe at the bottom of the post.
KETO FAQ – Learn More
- What is Keto?
- How many carbs can you eat on keto?
- Keto-friendly Food List
- What is the Keto flu and how to avoid it?
- What is a Targeted Keto Diet?
- 8 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight on Keto
How to Make a Keto Big Mac Salad
In a large skillet, cook ground beef with 3/4 of the chopped onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until the meat is cooked through. Drain the beef, then return to the skillet and set aside.
Stir in the keto Thousand Island dressing, until all meat is coated.
TIP: Regular Thousand Island is not exactly keto-friendly, but we found this awesome sugar free Thousand Island dressing on Amazon! You can also make your own by combining real mayonnaise, sugar free ketchup, and sugar free sweet pickle relish to taste.
Evenly coat the meat mixture with cheese – if you give the cheese a minute alone with the beef, it starts to melt perfectly!
TIP: Some store-bought shredded cheese contains starch and other fillers (aka carbs). Always check ingredients or shred your own real cheese to be sure you know what’s in your food.
Top with pickles, lettuce, tomato and the remaining 1/4 onion. Best enjoyed immediately.
More of our favorite salad recipes:
- Mason Jar Keto Greek Salad
- Cucumber Avocado & Pomegranate Salad
- Keto Chicken BLT Salad with Warm Mustard Vinaigrette
- Keto Egg Salad Wraps
- Warm Asian Noodle Salad
Printable Copy of our Keto Big Mac Salad Recipe
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Keto Big Mac Salad
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 yellow onion chopped and divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup keto-friendly Thousand Island dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 5 ounces iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1/2 tomato diced
- 1/4 cup dill pickles sliced
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef, along with 3/4 of the chopped onion, salt and pepper over medium heat. Stir occasionally, until the meat is cooked through and browned. Drain the beef, then return to the skillet and set aside.
- Stir in keto-friendly Thousand Island dressing, until all meat is coated.
- Top skillet with cheese, pickles, lettuce, tomato and the remaining 1/4 onion.
Net Carbs:4g per serving
Pin our Keto Big Mac in a Bowl on Pinterest: